2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, I'm new to the forums and the Mazda community. I'm looking to sell my 2001 Prelude for a 2010+ Mz3 hatch 2.5L.

While browsing Kijiji I noticed a 2010 MS3 with 44,000km for only $15,900. I called and asked some questions about the car to find out it had a repaired title. He was open about this and made a point about how they are always upfront about the vehicles they sell. After the phone call I decided to send an email for more information. This is what I received:

Here are some pictures of the car as we bought it, as you can see it came with winter tires and wheels, so we replaced those as well. Here is a list of what was replaced on the vehicle:
-Both fenders
-Both headlights,
-Hood,
-Plastic rad support,
-complete front bumper cover assembly, with grills, fog lights, everything,
-Rad, condenser, fan assembly,
-Air bag,
As I said earlier these were all brand new Mazda parts, receipts if you would like to see. I totally understand about being cautious, there are vehicles out there that are not repaired properly, and if it helps ease your mind you can take the car to any mechanic you trust to have them check it over for you. Just alittle bit about my business, we sell anywhere between 60-80 repaired vehicles a year.

Thanks for your interest, let me know if you would still like to see and test drive it.

I believe it is also worth mentioning that he has been using personally using the car for the past two years (good and bad possibly, lower km when written off but he didn't get rid of it immediately :confused013: )

So what do you guys think? Should I steer clear regardless? Get it checked for frame damage?

Thanks!

EDIT: Here is the link to the ad http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2010-MAZDASPEED3-ONLY-44415-klms-W0QQAdIdZ500476868

From what I can tell the body panels seem to line up, specifically the doors and fenders.

·
The tennerican!
683 Posts
Everything looks good from the outside. I will take him up on it and take it to a trusted friend or mechanic to check it out more in Depth. U can also ask for some references from another customer of his. But overall it looks good..

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I bought a car with a title on it before, and I wouldn't again. Although they look good at first, there are things you don't see immediately. And if you ever want rid of it, it will be difficult at best to sell it.
Exactly. When you are ready to trade or sell it that going to be a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the replies, I think I may go and check it out and decide if it's worth taking to a dealership for a full inspection.

Exactly. When you are ready to trade or sell it that going to be a problem.
I've been hearing this. Maybe it would be possible to beat him down quite a bit?

The thing is the MS3 is pretty pricey up here. This would normally go for $20,000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd personally stay clear, something better will come along, have you thought about a first gen? You can get those at a good price with that kind of milage

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I definitely would if there were more around here. The only one I've seen in 1.5 months with lowish km was a 2008.5 with 80,000km asking $18,000 :S

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
No! don't do it. my cousin did this because it saved him a couple thousand and it ended up costing that much to repair the stupid car anyway. in my opinion, spend a little more and get a proper used car.

my look on used cars.....depending on what kind of car, a used one maybe 2-3 years old could save you $4000+. for instance, a used 2010 speed3 could save you around $4000 compared to a new one. maybe even more money.

I've always said I wouldn't buy a used car. it's just a personally preference. you never know what kind of driver the previous owner is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts