2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent road magnet performance springs an email last week to see if they would could use a vehicle for R&D on some new 2010 ms3 springs. i brought the car in yesterday, they took the measurements and it turns out the diameters for the springs as well as pretty much everything suspention wise is very similar to the 09 setup besides the improvments in siffer spring rates/dampening. they test fitted the 09 springs on my car and ive been driving around with them on for about a day and a half. As of now my setup includes only the springs without upgraded struts/shocks or camber adj and im surprised on the big improvment over stock. These are just test springs for now but will be in production very soon.

mini review so far.
-1in drop
- ride height is solid without excessive bottoming out on crappy city roads.
- excellent road stick
- eliminates body roll 35-45mph exits. Flat sharp turns/ U turns.
- good match up with OEM suspention.
- Custom powder coating - Red

In general Road magnet makes great springs and excited to really test these bad boys out once the rain stops

I will continue to edit with further details:yes:

View attachment 932

View attachment 933

View attachment 934

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Looks really really good! The back looks like more than a 1" drop though. Maybe it's the angle of the pic?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks really really good! The back looks like more than a 1" drop though. Maybe it's the angle of the pic?
Yeah it does look like the back end is lower but its almost as if my eyes are playing tricks on me. the side skirts are completely level with the ground but it just seems as if the back sits lower it could be the cut of the fenders that make it seem this way. but i go back to road magnet friday to do another fitting. i will post updated pics when i get those on the car. but overal im def impressed with the performance/looks my friend drives a 2010 also, we parked next to eachother just to appreciate the drop difference. It definately gives the car a more aggresive look + sex appeal haha. The owner of Road magnet gave me a nice tour of the warehouse and its amazing how much machinery goes into making a simple spring.

How are those koni yellows holding up on your MZ warlord?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks damned good. how much do they run cost wise?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mark hasnt decided on a price just yet but i should know by the end of this weekend, they are probably going to be close to the 1st gen springs which are currently $260

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Yeah it does look like the back end is lower but its almost as if my eyes are playing tricks on me. the side skirts are completely level with the ground but it just seems as if the back sits lower it could be the cut of the fenders that make it seem this way. but i go back to road magnet friday to do another fitting. i will post updated pics when i get those on the car. but overal im def impressed with the performance/looks my friend drives a 2010 also, we parked next to eachother just to appreciate the drop difference. It definately gives the car a more aggresive look + sex appeal haha. The owner of Road magnet gave me a nice tour of the warehouse and its amazing how much machinery goes into making a simple spring.

How are those koni yellows holding up on your MZ warlord?
Your car seriously looks good. Like a perfect one finger gap. Funny how back in November I put prokits on my 3 and people thought I was crazy for using first gen springs. I think your posting pretty much confirms that they work and look good on the second gen. The Koni's are great . I have them dialed in to work with the prokits really well and still have a lot of adjustabily left to go. I've been eyeballing the road magnets for a while. As always I'm looking to take it to the next level.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Your car seriously looks good. Like a perfect one finger gap. Funny how back in November I put prokits on my 3 and people thought I was crazy for using first gen springs. I think your posting pretty much confirms that they work and look good on the second gen. The Koni's are great . I have them dialed in to work with the prokits really well and still have a lot of adjustabily left to go. I've been eyeballing the road magnets for a while. As always I'm looking to take it to the next level.
meh, I'd still wait for the 2010 HnR springs. From the specs listed they sound like they are going to be spot on with the drop.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'll be the first to say I dont like it.
I like the stock ride height...just wish there was a better way to fill the wheel gap.

·
F*ck a sunroof.
761 Posts
Thats more than a 1" drop in the back. Looks awesome

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats more than a 1" drop in the back. Looks awesome
yeah the actual drop is an 1in 1/4 in the front and an 1in 1/2 in the back. Im trying to decide if i want to drop the front to match the back or vise versa. but as is.. the side skirts are completely level to the ground so if i take either side up a notch its going to give the side skirts a diagonal look... What do you think i should do?. the owner would also like to know the feedback to find out which drop he is going to put out for the 10' springs.

The springs should be in full swing next week. i was thinking about talking to Mark about getting some kind of coupon for all you guys interested in the springs. maybe a nice $50 off which would be a SICK deal. PM me if your interested!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
meh, I'd still wait for the 2010 HnR springs. From the specs listed they sound like they are going to be spot on with the drop.
The drops on the H and R springs are 1.2 in the front and 1.3 in the rear mine are 1.25 in the front and 1.5 in the back these are just a test set up as of now still finalizing the final drop heights but as of now i actually like this set up it gives insane back traction to decrease the back wheels giving out on serious corners.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked into eibach springs for my MPS.

Can't remember the exact drop but I'm sure it was 25mm on the front and 15mm on the back.

Having the front a touch lower helps turn in in my experience.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A bit of forward rake is good for FWD cars. Also, put any passengers in the back, or load up your trunk and it looks like you'll be sitting on the bump stops in the rear.

Having some suspension travel isn't a bad thing!

·
Registered
55 Posts
>> I like the stock ride height...just wish there was a better way to fill the wheel gap. <<

Wouldn't a set of 225-55/17 or 235-55/17 tires do the trick? The sidewalls would be a bit taller, thus filling in the gap between the tire and the wheel well....

-CD-

·
Coasttime
48 Posts
>> I like the stock ride height...just wish there was a better way to fill the wheel gap. <<

Wouldn't a set of 225-55/17 or 235-55/17 tires do the trick? The sidewalls would be a bit taller, thus filling in the gap between the tire and the wheel well....

-CD-
Wow! This made me laugh. I would get lowering springs before dropping nearly 700 on tires. Shit you could damn near get coilovers.

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
Good tires are worth just as much any good coilover kit. Then again it all depends on what the car is going to be used for.... Besides that fitting taller tires to fill the wheel gap is Shear stupidity

1 - 19 of 19 Posts