2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Fighter of Foo
187 Posts
I wonder if that chart is still accurate for the 2012 mazda3 bose?

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4852&d=1322114483

I am planning on replacing 4 door speakers and powering them with a 4 channel amp under the seat, losing the spare and trying to fit my basslink in the spare tire area....
Sorry for the lengthy bump, but was researching this today, and checked the plugs on my bose amp...and they all look the same as the 10-11 model year. So hopefully they're the same and I can use this to see if I can wire 'around' the bose amp.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2011 the remote turn on, on the diagrams does not work, its a constant 12V. I never looked for one on the Bose, i just used the cigaret lighter in the dash.

·
Engineer / Scientist
183 Posts
Guys - I think the reason that the "remote lead" (blue wire with white stripe) going to the bose amp provides 12V all the time is that the car can use the speakers when even the radio is off. I know in my car, if I have the factory sound system switched OFF and I receive a phone call, the blue-tooth plays the phone call through the speakers in the car. Also, with the navigation it uses the factory speakers as well. I don't see it turning on and off the amp when you recieve a call or the navigation works.

The blue/white wire does go to zero volts when you turn off the car right? Sounds like a fine place to connect my aftermarket amplifier remote turn on leads - no? Sure, going to a cigarette lighter should do the same thing but I don't see a reason for not using the blue/white wire, I may be crazy.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts