2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here but I've been lurking for a while.

I have a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 and the other day I noticed a clicking sort of noise from the rear when I would go over a speed bumps. I figured it was possibly the exhaust tapping or something similar.

Well I crawled underneath this weekend and found that one of the nuts had come off the connector for the rear sway bar. (see attached picture, sorry its inverted) Additionally the other side was loose (I could unscrew it with my fingers). Apparently I had not caught the issue soon enough because the sway bar had rubbed against the threaded connector and the threads had rubbed off.

I have an appointment to have it fixed at the dealership on Wednesday.

This part has never been unbolted or removed for any reason. This is the factory part the way it came from Mazda.

It may be worth your time to crawl underneath and make sure yours are tight. Might save you a headache. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I was looking to buy an MS3. I kept hearinga clicking noise and got it up on a lift to see that nut missing. It actually ruined that whole piece and that bushing had to be completely replaced.

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
I'm gonna have to crawl under mine. I have a clicking noise from the back but i checked today and the nuts are on the bolts... maybe they're just loose.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Why don't you put the Tripoint on the MS3?

·
Registered
46 Posts
you like the tri point huh warlord? a rsb with end links is prob gonna be the next purchase and its between tri point and another brand. tri point might take the win with you backing the product you have the end links? and have u had any problems with it at all?

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
I thought about it but for some reason, I just don't wanna mod the speed and I need to save money. I loved the bar tho. It definitely stopped the old cars back end from spinning out on some u turns I used to take.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
@wizkid817 I hear ya. The MS3 handles pretty good right out of the box and doesn't need a lot of help. The RSB uprade on the MS3 is more of a subtle improvement unlike the MZ3 where it's a drastic improvement. Hopefully you don't regret your decision at a later date.

@vinnythebush. I tout the tripoint because not enough people buy it. Everyone compares the stiffness #'s to CS and JBR and thinks it's gonna be too stiff for their car. It's not. It makes the car neutral handling. Reason I bought it was Tripoint has a soilid product and I know it's not gonna give me issues. Tripoint races competitively and was backed by Mazda. That tells me they know what they are doing and know what the car needs. Final reason for buying their RSB is that they introduced the the design with the hollow tube and the solid arms. All CS and JBR did was copy it. The Tripoint RSB I have is their normal street version and I'm using the stock MS3 endlinks. They just came out with a race version RSB that has thicker walled tubing (0.25" vs 0.188"). That one must be a autox beast.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i ordered the race bar and the end links free shipping too real nice people over there good customer service. i figure if i had the street bar on its last setting and wasn't happy then i was beat. but the way i see it is i'll get the thicker bar and just use it on the middle setting ,so if i wanna go tighter i would have the option. i'm real exited i cant wait for it be here Monday should be the day it arrives. i also agree with you with the numbers because even the stock bar has lower numbers for tripoint, but i dont wanna get into that cuz its gonna create a war. and the copies didnt hold up too well

·
Registered
2 Posts
i had the same problem with my car, i found the problem when i was putting in my coilovers. now gonna replace the rear link and putting in a racing beat rear sway bar

1 - 12 of 12 Posts