2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 made its North American debut today at the New York Auto Show with a full list of news that we have been waiting for. We have included the following most interesting new facts about the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 and the following press release will cover all the dirty details of Mazda’s sexy new hot hatch.

Full Story + Photos: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Makes Its North American Debut! | Mazda3Revolution.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been waiting for this day, now I just have to wait till it is actually in dealerships. I do wonder how come they decided to use the same engine instead of going to the 2.5? Anyone have any type of insight on this?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've been waiting for this day, now I just have to wait till it is actually in dealerships. I do wonder how come they decided to use the same engine instead of going to the 2.5? Anyone have any type of insight on this?
may be as mazda takes more and more distances of Ford they prefer to keep the 2.3l . the new mods (direct injection and nano exhaust) were planned by mazda, sure they don't want to share them immediatly with others to keep mazda's identity, zoom-zoom ...

·
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mazda has been pretty vocal about their feelings towards hybrids. They believe that through weight reduction and more aerodynamic designs they can create more fuel efficient vehicles without having to increase power or use a more expensive hybrid setup. In other words, they want to make lighter cars with less powerful engines that can meet or beat heavier, technically more powerful vehicles.

I would also think Mazda knows this 2.3L turbo very well and have worked out all the kinks. Strapping a turbo on the new 2.5L could affect reliability.

·
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you'll be giving Axelaspeed's family a run for the title of most consecutive Mazdas in a family. I think they were up to 3 Mazda 3s, a CX-7 and a Mazda 5 the last time I was in NJ. :p

·
A. Conforti
4 Posts
I'm happy about the tire change, a lot more options with the new size. Hopefully we will get a driving review on transmission and torque steer management. Also a quieter cabin would be awesome, too bad a test drive at an Indiana dealership is probably 8 months away.

I just bought a Valentine V1 in excitement about picking up one of these sweet rides.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 is expected to be available in Summer/Fall 2009 as a late 2010 model and will be priced from $23,195. Check out the full press release below and photo gallery under the release.
:clap:I'm also happy about the base price...I had guessed $23,500 in a previous topic, so this is awesome news! Can't wait.

·
Registered
476 Posts
it looks like the headlights on the 2010 mazdaspeed 3 are the same as the 2.0L...does anyone know if they will also offer the headlights on the 2.5L version like the european MPS 3 has?

·
Registered
476 Posts
well looking at this link 2010 Mazdaspeed3 - Newest cars from the New York Auto Show there will be only one trim level for the mazdaspeed, no grand touring trim. So I guess that means no leather seats, no hid lights with AFS and auto on/off, no rain sensing wipers, and LED taillights. Hope this isnt true...(can someone ship me Europes MPS version!:001_rolleyes:)

·
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately that is true Creatve. For whatever reason (probably cost) Mazda hasn't gone all out with luxury features for the 2010 Mazdaspeed3. They are offering a tech package though which comes with 242-Watt BOSE Centerpoint 10-speaker surround sound audio system, in-dash 6-disc CD changer - MP3 compatible, Sirius satellite radio with 6-mth subscription, full color NAVI with compact navigation, perimeter alarm, advanced keyless system and push button start.

·
Registered
476 Posts
oh that sucks, im so used to using hid lights and going back to halogen is like driving in darkness! plus I really liked the look of the gt version headlights. thanks josh for the confirmation

·
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You could always swap out the halogens with aftermarket HIDs. We'll probably do a how-to guide in the future on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the look of the front bumper and fog lamps better than the standard car. Not so crazy about the grill or hood scoop. But it does help to set it apart.

·
Registered
11 Posts
just talked to a dealership today who said they would be receiving mazdaspeed 3's no later than the first Tuesday in July (7/2). He said this Tuesday first, however, and then corrected saying that those 3's were already spoken for.

So... grain of salt and all that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts