2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both original fobs. Both of them used to work, but recently, over the last 6 months I've been having problems. I used the pullout key for a while because it seemed like I was always replacing batteries. Recently I decided to try to get both working again. I replaced both batteries, and they both seemed to work for a few days, like 3 or 4. Then one fob battery died. The other is still working to open and close the doors, but when I'm inside it's not recognized and I get the no key found warning. So it boils down to two issues. One of the fobs dies after a few days, and the other only opens and closes the doors, but won't allow me to use the push-button start. I'm afraid to go to the dealer, because this is the kind of thing they soak you for and I can't afford it. Any suggestions?

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
do you normally carry a cell phone in your pocket with they key fob? if so I suggest taking the keys or phone out of your pocket and trying. cell phones interfere with my key fobs in my 2011 and make them act funny. the receiver in the car maybe acting up as well, usually I agree on avoiding the dealers but this one may require a dealer to troubleshoot properly, so your not just throwing parts and hoping they fix it. I think the owners manual also has suggestions for key fob batteries that drain quick, if I remember right its in section 6 of the manual , it stated things to try before going in for service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts