2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, that was quick. We just wrote how the next-generation Mazda3 was 90 percent complete and now it seems it’s 100 percent complete. Mazda has just dropped the first official photos along with a brief press released on the 2010 Mazda3 which will make its official debut at the 2008 LA Auto Show next month.

As you can see from the images the 2010 Mazda3 has been completely redesign with a new front fascia and rear fascia. The front reminds us the new 2009 Mazda6 while the rear takes some cues from the Mazda2 sedan.

The 2010 Mazda3 range-topper will get a new 2.5 liter engine (replacing the outgoing 2.3 liter). Official horsepower ratings will be announced next month in LA. Mazda will also offer the U.S. the entry level 2.0 liter. Mazda said the five-door hatchback will follow the sedan “in line with Mazda’s global sales schedule.

Click through for more photos

Source: http://www.egmcartech.com/2008/10/08/2010-mazda3-revealed-coming-to-2008-la-auto-show/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a LOT better than I thought it would be. Can't wait for the MazdaSpeed3. it's rumored to have 250-hp. Would be interesting to see if they can throw the new 296-hp 2.5L 5-Cylinder Duratec from the Focus RS so we don't feel left out.

·
1,234 Posts
296 hp in the Mazdaspeed3 would be unbelievable! I'm really curious to see what the hatchback will look like because the current Mazda 3 HB is more aggressively styled than the sedan and the Mazdaspeed3 is just mean looking.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i'm lovin it more then a fat kid loves cake!!! i would like to see more pics of the front though at realistic angles to get a really good idea..

·
1,234 Posts
lol I guess so. Reminds me of a more taut mini Mazda 6.

·
1,234 Posts
Does that mean you're buying one? :)

·
1,234 Posts
I'm actually going to make a post on the homepage and on the forums once dealerships start taking pre-orders. ;)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts