2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New TSB per dealer, symptoms were caron buildup on spark plugs after about 2,000 to 3,000 miles. Caused check engine light to turn on.

Notes from writeup provided by dealer:
"Retrieved code P0300 - Random misfire detected. Checked for bulletin for this concern and found the intake manifold needing to be replaced due to much clearance between swirl control shutter valve and intake port. Rough idle was felt when cold. Replaced intake manifold per bulletin 01-036/09. Cleared code and is ok at this time."

Reactions: danibarry07

·
Registered
46 Posts
what is the production date on this bulletin? I am close to 17000km and have not had an engine light except my intake which i know and dont really care about lol

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure, but the dealer said it was a pretty new bulletin when I had the work done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
that seems fairly odd that there is carbon build up at such low mileage. I would like to see this bulletin and i wonder what the cars driving conditions are like to cause this. When i picked up my car it was warmed up and saw red line immediatly haha

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
Got a CEL the other day so this is more then likely the problem for me but I only have 900 miles on mine

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
will do tomorrow i have an appointment for the dealer to have a look at it as well as an issue that im having with the hatch door

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
Ok just got back from the dealer and the word is that it does apear to be the carbon buildup problem but previosly it was only happening on automatics so mazda is ordering a bunch of tests before they will authorize the repair.

·
girls can too
319 Posts
i have just hit 10,000 miles on my car and i have noticed rough idle lately...it even wanted to stall while iw as coming to a stop. im going to take it in.

was this on 2.5 engines btw?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts