2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Blown away, Cant believe my eyes, My 2010 Mazda 3 Hatch already has rust coming through on the Hatch right above the Tail light, small Rust bubble starting to form and has already broken through the paint, WTF??? Cheap crap, Im so upset, I bought the car 3 months ago, it has 38,000kms on it, Im just out right pissed right now, will warranty cover this? this was no chip that started to rust through, like how do you get a chip on the hatch? ill post a pic when I can.

Dissapointed in ottawa

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. The paint is thin on these cars. I don't know what or if there is a rust warranty as I'm in Florida and never check that. I know my hhr had I believe a 100k mile rust warranty but is had to rust all the way through. Maybe someone on here will no for sure if not call a local dealer.

·
Zoom-Zoom To Da Crib.
622 Posts
Damn that sucks balls

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Quite possibly you ran over something hard or sharp and it got kicked up or something hit your back and chipped the paint. I can see why you have rust already as well. Unfortunately this is nor covered under warranty but it doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Previous owner never waxed it ill bet.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I would have to suspect that some physical damage has occurred causing the rust. I am not aware of any rust issues on the second generation Mazda3.

Pat.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Sounds like rust damage from paint chip or something. Too early unless the last owner didn't wash the car at all. lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
My dad said this "Your Mazda will rust and have holes in it before anything goes mechanically wrong with it." I am keeping his word, hahaha. I live in Illinois but go to school in Wisconsin, so usually during winter season, my car sees a lot of salt. Hopefully it will last.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Re rust

Bull, if you are really on top of it you can keep rust at bay. I live in Ottawa Canada and we get loads of salt in the winter. Here are a couple pictures of a 15 year old Mazda323 and a 9 year Subaru Legacy GT wagon. Both cars are all original paint.BTW the little 323 had reputation a ruster as well.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts