2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know the transmission control module is a common problem with these things. I’ve replaced it and the car performs much better, BUT all the lights are still on. I ran a code reader on it and it says the usual U0101. I check the suggested repairs and it says replace the battery. I had the battery checked and it is good. I also replaced the intake manifold runner control solenoid, transmission fluid and filter, oil and oil filter, and air filter so it SHOULDN’T be any of that. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, it doesn't look like anyone else has chimed in to give a reply yet. I'm new to this forum.

So the 2010 Mazda 3's seem to have a computer that needs to recalibrate itself whenever the battery is disconnected for even a short amount of time, it seems. I had to turn on mine and idle it for about 20 minutes, then turn on the a/c full blast and idle for another 15 minutes or so for the computer to reset itself. There are some YouTube videos on this process/procedure, I believe.

I originally cleared my codes, but they came back. After the procedure, things seemed back to normal, but I have other issues now. :rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts