2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Which type do you prefer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm now finding that having some kind of mud flaps are necessary but I've only found 2 places that make them for 2010 Mazda 3's.

From mazdagear.com (Basically from a dealership)
The front "splash guards" go for: $54.60
The rear "splash guards" go for: $62.40
Mazda Accessories from MazdaGear.com - Exterior Accessories

From rally armor:
For a set of 4 urethane "mudflaps": $127.99
2010+ Mazda3/Spd3 Mud flap Silver logo

I'm interested in getting some opinions as to which looks better. I like the rally armor ones but after reading some posts about them I share some of the same concerns as they are a little low. In addition the installation of them people have said is somewhat complicated. I imagine the OEM one's look more stock than the rally armor ones and probably install easier.

Also, does anyone know of other places that sell mud flaps/splash guards for our mazda's?

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
The factory front splash guards will only work on cars with out side skirts so that wont work on you car if you have side skirts and the rears are listed as i Model only

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The factory front splash guards will only work on cars with out side skirts so that wont work on you car if you have side skirts and the rears are listed as i Model only
Hey jackf,
I do have the sport package but I don't have the side skirts on my ride. I've been thinking I would want to add them on but it's so ridiculously priced I don't think I'll ever add them.

·
Registered
633 Posts
In my humble opinion mudflaps do jackshit, On my last car I thought mudflaps would stop all the crap getting on the sides and back of the car especially in winter. So I installed mudflaps it made not whit of difference, there was just as much stuff got on the car as before.

Pat.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had OEM flaps installed after rocks tore up my rear bumper's paint a week after i got my car. After getting them on i haven't had any scrapes. they are not all powerful but they prevent most of the road debris in my area from hitting me. I just wish they were a bit wider for more protection.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i have to say, living in vermont, i wish i installed them. Not for keeping crap off the sides of the car, but for keeping buildup out of the pockets behind the wheels. I get huge clumps of ice in there and it builds up and fills my wheel well, it's a lot harder to knock out than if it were a flat area. If that makes sense.
Mud flaps or no, its a poor design

1 - 7 of 7 Posts