2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 2.0 Hatchback (No Sunroof) and recently i started having a Flooded Carpet (Only on my Right Rear Passenger Area). I only Get these Floods when it rains. Seats and Dry and there is no other Leaks (not even in the trunk)

Can someone Help me solve this. IDK what to do and how to do it!:frown2:

·
Registered
190 Posts
check the door seals, you may have a torn gasket.
sit in the car and have someone slowly pour a bucket of water on the roof, look for leaks

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,235 Posts
Guys,

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 2.0 Hatchback (No Sunroof) and recently i started having a Flooded Carpet (Only on my Right Rear Passenger Area). I only Get these Floods when it rains. Seats and Dry and there is no other Leaks (not even in the trunk)

Can someone Help me solve this. IDK what to do and how to do it!:frown2:

Try replacing all the rear light lenses gaskets - Gas station carwashes can flood the spare tire and soak the rear seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ben,

Where my Spare tire is located its 100% Dry and there is not signal of soaked seats, it's only on one side (Floor of rear Right passenger) .. This only occurs when it rains (not when the car is parked) only when the car is in movement..

is there some type of Cap or lids that is missing that is pushing water in the car from underneath?

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,235 Posts
Ben,

Where my Spare tire is located its 100% Dry and there is not signal of soaked seats, it's only on one side (Floor of rear Right passenger) .. This only occurs when it rains (not when the car is parked) only when the car is in movement..

is there some type of Cap or lids that is missing that is pushing water in the car from underneath?
Drain plugs aren't likely to fall out. Unplug the battery, remove the passenger seat/rear seats and remove the carpet. You can spot the water origin without the carpet in the way.
That dampness will start to stink soon. Hopefully, it isn't leaking from the windshield.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Were you able to find the source of the leak?

I’m having a similar problem except on the left rear passenger side.

Carpet was dry when I parked it on Friday.
It rained Friday night and now the carpet is wet.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,235 Posts
Were you able to find the source of the leak?

I’m having a similar problem except on the left rear passenger side.

Carpet was dry when I parked it on Friday.
It rained Friday night and now the carpet is wet.
You can replace the door gaskets to start and see if it stops the leak. The dramatic way of water leaks, is the carwash - it could be extreme
Trunk gaskets / tail light gaskets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys,

I finally found where the leak is coming from.. it is coming from the front Passenger seat. no quiet sure where from, but i am going to do Whatever needs to be done this week to fix that..

Does these cars come with drain plugs in the front? if so, where are they.. I can't find them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts