2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever done one on their 2.0? i’m thinking of doing it but it seems like it might be quite complicated.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
203 Posts
Are you planning only to remove oem muffler from the mid cat ? or from the downpipe off the headers?
Have you checked out corksport ...They only make for mazda. Its basically remove and replace ..fit is perfect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you planning only to remove oem muffler from the mid cat ? or from the downpipe off the headers?
Have you checked out corksport ...They only make for mazda. Its basically remove and replace ..fit is perfect.
i plan on just cutting the exhaust then welding it to a can with flex pipe or something, i’m just not sure how hard it will be to do considering that the muffler has a weird set up

·
Registered
157 Posts
How loud are you wanting it to be? If your center resonator is still in good condition, you can make that the only muffler in the system and just extend the tailpipe where you want it after disconnecting the 2-bolt flange for the rear muffler. It's a little on the louder side, but quieter than you might think. If you want to test how it sounds, just unbolt the rear section and try it that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts