2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to the Mazda club, actually this is my daughters car I bought for her yesterday. As with all cars I buy, I go through them and make sure all the maintenance is up etc. I am a Honda guy for my daily driver (currently), but the Mazda 3 is pure pleasure to drive, so a 3 will likely be next commuter car.

The car is a 2010 Mazda 3 Grand Touring S with the 2.5.. Odometer is at 88k. Carfax shows the user did maintain the vehicle well, but no records of tranny fluid service. Some will claim the fluid is good for the life of the car, but I don't believe any of that nonsense.. Always better to drop the pan, change the filter, clean the magnet, etc.. Maybe do another drain and fill in another 1000 miles or so to compensate for what is in the torque converter.. which would put me at 66% replacement... Maybe do a 3rd drain and fill in another 10k.

Anyhow, I am not sure which fluid and filter to order. Trying to find a build sheet for this car to get the specific tranny model. I believe the pan only uses tranny RTV and not a gasket.

If there are any relevant writeups or videos, I'd appreciate it. Note: I did see someone using Valvoline Maxlife in a video, but not sure that would be as safe as sticking with OEM fluid.

Your help is appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
noticed I put this in the how to guides by mistake...

Mods if you can move this thread to the appropriate sub forum, thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts