2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gents,

I have found a few threads regarding the RMM on the 2010 Mazda 3 2.5L M/T, it seems to be different than the older ones and hard to come by. My local dealer wants $315CAD for a new one. Is there really that big of a difference between the 2.3L and the 2.5L? I can buy an Eagle BHP 3838H from Amazon and there are comments that it will fit. My local parts supplier can get me the inside piece of the motor mount for the 2.3L, can I just match that up with my 2.5L frame?

I don't want to go fancy with solid ones or stiffer ones, I just want something good quality that does not cost a fortune. I have a shudder in the engine when going into reverse and in low RPM in first gear, clutch was recently replaced.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,797 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I should have said PMM, passenger side top motor mount. Saw some people on here referring to it as the right motor mount so was trying to use that same terminology.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,797 Posts
RMM stands for rear motor mount...Aftermarket car companies sell upgraded versions that help improve transmission engagement/smoothness.

You need a front right motor mount?

Google will help you once you know what part you need.
CK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i need a front right motor mount, the one that is under the coolant reservoir on the passenger side. Google is not your friend when you have a 2010 2.5L :) seems to have 2.3L stuff but very difficult to find 2.5L. It appears that most aftermarket mounts are stiffer and will induce more vibration into the vehicle which i am trying to avoid. I saw that there are some motor mounts for the 2.3L that are solid rubber, they are meant for a 2009 but apparently fit a 2010. They are smaller than stock though so i assume they wont last as long.

·
Registered
31 Posts
https://www.amazon. ( com )/gp/product/B00YB3W14U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one i bought for my car same as yours just A/T. this is the exact same one. I installed mine 3 months ago and its been good ever since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does that not make the motor sit at an angel a bit as its a bit shorter than the one required? I hear its not a problem in the short run but presume it will force the other mounts out of their desired centering position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes i need a front right motor mount, the one that is under the coolant reservoir on the passenger side. Google is not your friend when you have a 2010 2.5L :) seems to have 2.3L stuff but very difficult to find 2.5L. It appears that most aftermarket mounts are stiffer and will induce more vibration into the vehicle which i am trying to avoid. I saw that there are some motor mounts for the 2.3L that are solid rubber, they are meant for a 2009 but apparently fit a 2010. They are smaller than stock though so i assume they wont last as long.
Any luck finding an alternative? I have a 2010 Madzda 3s (2.5L) A/T and also looking for a PMM / Front Right Engine Mount. I am really only seeing two options. Rockauto has just one insert (reuse the bracket) for $65 slow shipped and Mazda OEM (complete assembly BBN339060B) for around $120 shipped.

I am planning some other repairs this week and hoping to find something cheaper than rock auto + fast shipping. As once I factor that in, I might as well just get the OEM for alittle bit more.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,283 Posts
Any luck finding an alternative? I have a 2010 Madzda 3s (2.5L) A/T and also looking for a PMM / Front Right Engine Mount. I am really only seeing two options. Rockauto has just one insert (reuse the bracket) for $65 slow shipped and Mazda OEM (complete assembly BBN339060B) for around $120 shipped.

I am planning some other repairs this week and hoping to find something cheaper than rock auto + fast shipping. As once I factor that in, I might as well just get the OEM for alittle bit more.
The Mazda OEM liquid filled ones will be for more comfort (less vibes), whereas the stiffer aftermarket ones will amplify vibrations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Mazda OEM liquid filled ones will be for more comfort (less vibes), whereas the stiffer aftermarket ones will amplify vibrations.
Thanks for the information. I see the rockauto one (link below) is actually Hydraulic, so I am assuming it is liquid filled just won't last along as OEM.

As I am seeing reports of the hydraulic/liquid filled ones not lasting that long, anyone have any options for solid ones? I can only seem to find two hydraulic/liquid filled options that I discussed earlier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts