2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have the 2010 2.5 Mazda 3 that likely to have the TCM failure. The car went to limp mode and then later died completely and can't move. It's in the shop now waiting for parts. The correct part number for this car is L539-18-9E1J . I ordered the wrong part on Amazon LF8M-18-9E1H. Because of timing, I'm very likely have to put in this part to get the car going (assuming it works). The question is have you guys try using a different TCM in your car and have it work? I guess I'll find out by tomorrow. Just wanted to check in with your experience.

Thanks,

G.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm reporting back that yes, my car works with the module that's not specifically designed for this 2010 2.5 S. This part does show as compatible on other sites. So far, no codes and the car runs. It feels a bit ...softer in the way it shifts. I haven't got into a battery of test yet with the transmission. I will need to do a transimmsion oil and filter change before I start beating the hell out of it.

So in short, if you guys are running into a similar issue with the TCM, you can get the cheaper one on Amazon at about $500 vs the right one at $570. If you're not sure, call the dealer for the part number. Or you can call the amazon seller, they just slow as hell. Both TCM will get you back on the road again.

If I had to do it over I definitely would get the right one if nothing else at least for the ease of mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts