2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I am new here and wanted to get your opinion on short shift plates, and also wanted to know if any one here is running the corksport ssp on their 2.5. Have any of you had any transmission issues? I have been running mine for a couple of weeks no grinding but I seep to hear the gear box more but that could be because of the solid shifter base bushings combined with the ssp. Please let me know what your opinion and or issues are thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like it is a bit of both most defiantly feel it more ? like I can hear the clicking into gears more pronounced after the bushing install? is this normal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also with the ssp I have adjusted the linkage and noticed that I had to pull the shifter to the right to get it less notchy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you think a ssp is bad for the tranny I notice I have to use more force now to put it in gear and I have a light shift knob as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so what does the adjustment of the cables do? I noticed if i moved the adjustment so the shifter sits a little to the right the notchyness is gone and its short now but a little smoother.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it shifts fine its just a little notchy you can really feel the disengagement and engagement of each gear but left to right movement is super free and normal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do these plates in turn fuck up our transmissions if you are not slamming gears I kinda shift slow but try to make it smooth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts