2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2010 3 GT model with the fully loaded minus the nav package so it came with the 10 speaker bose package...I'm not to impressed with the sound of the bose coming from my previous car with a full audio system (really the mazda is just lacking a lot of bass). The system is advertised as 10 speakers but me nor anyone i know or the dealer could find the 10th speaker. (i have the 4 door version)

I count:
Kickers and tweeters in the drivers and passengers door (4)
Kickers in the rear doors (2)
2 Back Rear window and 1 in the middle back window behind the seats (3)

Thats only 9...wheres the 10th? And is that center speaker in the back supposed to be the sub? I saw in the manual it says that the 5 door has the sub on the spare wheel but mine is not there, so im assuming it is is on the back window in the middle...

I tried looking for a service manual for this year but cant seem to find one either. Does autozone carry one yet or is the car too new?

Lastly i have a box and amp with 2 subs i removed from my last car that i was thinking to put in because the bass is so weak on this car. does the factory bose amp under the passenger seat or the head unit have any outputs to go to a sub in the rear? and does installing the wiring to the battery and ground connection void the warranty?

·
Registered
93 Posts
your 10th speaker is the "sub"

i think for the sedan, its located under the passenger seat (correct me if im wrong, i didn't read the manual)..

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
The speaker under the rear parcel shelf is the sub. Your 10th speaker is the center channel speaker on the dash, just in front (toward you) of the nav and information screens. If you feel up there, you'll notice the mesh fabric over the speaker grille.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The speaker under the rear parcel shelf is the sub. Your 10th speaker is the center channel speaker on the dash, just in front (toward you) of the nav and information screens. If you feel up there, you'll notice the mesh fabric over the speaker grille.
Thanks this is what was wondering.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
I tried looking for a service manual for this year but cant seem to find one either. Does autozone carry one yet or is the car too new?

Lastly i have a box and amp with 2 subs i removed from my last car that i was thinking to put in because the bass is so weak on this car. does the factory bose amp under the passenger seat or the head unit have any outputs to go to a sub in the rear? and does installing the wiring to the battery and ground connection void the warranty?
I missed these questions. No, I haven't seen a service manual for the 2010's yet.

No, I don't think there is an output on the Bose system for your subs/amp. You'll want to use a high-level to RCA adapter on the stock sub wiring. Running power and ground wires won't necessarily void your warranty, but if you take it in for any problem and they trace it back to the electrical system, they're likely to refuse warranty coverage for the issue.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I missed these questions. No, I haven't seen a service manual for the 2010's yet.

No, I don't think there is an output on the Bose system for your subs/amp. You'll want to use a high-level to RCA adapter on the stock sub wiring. Running power and ground wires won't necessarily void your warranty, but if you take it in for any problem and they trace it back to the electrical system, they're likely to refuse warranty coverage for the issue.
Thanks, i really appreciate it. I looked up the high-level to RCA adapter on several sites. Have you or anyone used one that they can recommend?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Why post in the speed section?

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
i think i saw it in the manual that that is where the mic is located.
i might be wrong though..

·
User Interface Architect
54 Posts
When putting in the stereo to my previous Mazda3 I used this signal processor to facilitate all the proper channel splitting including sub output from the stock deck:

You can find a good source for this kind of stuff here:

Audio Control

1 - 9 of 9 Posts