2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night when driving home I noticed that the AFS light was flashing. I dismissed it because I was almost home and both headlights were on.

Fast Forward to this morning: I get into my car and notice the AFS light was still flashing. My auto-headlights fire up...but only one side. I get out out to check and find condensation in my passenger-side headlight assembly. blinker/DRL still works, but my HID does not.

So after some research, I found a replacement for roughly $800+ for the HID, w/ auto-level and w/drl. I assume it's gold crusted and made with tears of an angel.

Another option is a HID assembly w/o auto-level and w/o drl...that's ~$300. But if I replace it with that...will I have a forever-blinking AFS light? what problems/issues/annoyances will I run into?

I'm at a loss and needs some advice/help/whatever. Anything is appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Soo after taking it all apart and seeing what could be salvaged I found that my stock ballast was full of water. That was already after pouring out about a cup of water from the entire headlight assembly itself. I'll keep ya'll updated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to successfully dry out the entire headlight assembly, along with the ballast. It fired up last night and did it's "pre-flight" check and did the swivel-in/swivel-out so I knew the AFS was working. Happy I saved a $1000 on this.

BUT....now my projector is pointed too far to the right/passenger side. When I drove around last night I noticed that it was pointed towards the sidewalk, not on the road like it used to be. The AFS still worked, just wayyyy too far right. I tried to manually correct it, then start the car again, but the swivel-in/swivel-out caused it to move back to that same position I moved it from.

So my question to ya'll is...any idea how to correct this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts