2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I just bought a 2010 Mazda 3 sedan, in great shape for a great deal! It was a real good price and I had to act quick. Unfortunately I didn’t realize these gens were plagued with clutch issues.

Does every car have a faulty clutch or just the unlucky ones? Car has about 120,000 miles and I don’t know if it has ever been changed. Should I be expecting a clutch replacement in the near future or should I expect a few more miles of worry free driving? Right now it drives and feels great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just recently sold my '12 Skyactiv with 110K and the original clutch, zero issues. I drove pretty aggressively, took it out to canyons etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2012 MZ3s Sedan with 96,000 Miles. I am the original owner and the clutch still feels nice even with some of my more aggressive driving lol. It's been a fun car to drive, especially after I slapped on some Koni FSD's (Golds) + Racing Beat springs on it. Perfectly low and comfortable for a daily.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey guys and gals, I just bought a 2010 Mazda 3 sedan, in great shape for a great deal! It was a real good price and I had to act quick. Unfortunately I didn’t realize these gens were plagued with clutch issues.

Does every car have a faulty clutch or just the unlucky ones? Car has about 120,000 miles and I don’t know if it has ever been changed. Should I be expecting a clutch replacement in the near future or should I expect a few more miles of worry free driving? Right now it drives and feels great!
That depends almost entirely on the driving habits of the previous owner. Some people slip manual clutches like they're driving an automatic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts