2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading around and looking at pictures.... I read Mazda dropped the led leg cabin lights and the side marker lights on the mirrors. Also read about the bigger insert on the grill giving the already cheezy smile a buck tooth look. I liked the slim grill inserts and the side marker lights on the mirrors.

Now, looking at pictures from my local dealerships here in the great northwest i've seen Mazda3's with different models, both including side marker lights and without... on same models.

For example, One site had pictures of a Mazda 3 5dr sport with sunroof/bose and with side marker mirror lights. Another picture with same options had no side marker mirror lights. both had the smaller grill insert btw.

Also to note, all the I model sedans i have found dont have the side marker mirror lights... makes sense.

So as you can see... im totally confused by which models/year has the side marker lights.

The person I read this info stated the 2010.5 did away with the side marker mirror lights, and the LED leg lights.

I'm about to buy a Graphite Meca Mazda3 5dr sport with sunroof/bose speaker package (which is hard to find actually). Dealer told me he found one and will have it here for me to buy soon.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
It's all designed to bewilder and confuse the consumer. It boils down to just negotiating the sticker price down even more since you know your going to get less standard equipment when you take delivery. Corporate profit needs to increase at the consumers expense. Just my rant for today. :mellow 1:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
warlord. thank you... and yes very very true! I've been following the 2010 mazda 3 since last year when they first arrived at my local dealership... being military i have to be savy with my major purchases... thus the year long wait to buy one.

I did find out though... this is funny to me... that the car is from another dealership that was further away (200miles away) and the dealership near me is moving the car closer to me... but they didnt know i was interested and talking to the old dealership 6 months ago. So now i saved 150 miles off my trip to buy one... and because I waited 6 months... it's even dropped in price.

zoom zoom= win win for me.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I've been following the MSRP of my car on Mazda's website and there was a price increase of $200 in late September. If the car your buying is a summer car take that into consideration when negotiating. Plus the fact they have deleted items also.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It depends when the car was manufactured. Two identical cars on the invoice can have have different standard features. I had the same problem when I was shopping for my Mazda3.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
warlord, dunston, VprrRacr... thanks for the comments. I asked the dealer if this one did include the "goodies" waiting for a reply so I guess I will know tomorrow.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the Mazda 3 Sport 5dr that i'll be going to the dealer today to hopefully purchase... we will see. BTW this is the same as the Mazda 3 GS 5dr right? It also has the moonroof/bose package.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
you should ask to keep the mazda flag. I would like to have one of those, don't ask me why.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i did get a mazda3 flag.... for my 4 year old lol!

btw FYI i did buy this mazda....

It was born in 11/09... and does NOT have the lights on the mirrors :crybaby 1: nor does it have the blue led at the feet... however Mazda did leave on the blue LED's for the center console and on the door so you can see the window switches at night.

at $21000 im a happy NEW mazda3 sport 5door owner!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
732 Posts
Indeed, congrats and welome to the club!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
thank you anderfrank

btw after talking with the dealer about the mid year changes they really had as much clue as we did. They didnt even know the change was coming until they offloaded their cars. Being a decent dealership (i suppose) they did change all of their window stickers over to match vehicle equipment. We talked about the reasons why mazda changed and confirmed or agreed rather that the cost of the yen vs $$ was the driving point. They too also agree that the wires for the side marker lights in the mirrors are probably still there. I then asked if they could order the older mirrors.... one of the guys is getting back to me on that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts