2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else has installed MSDS headers on their mazda and was able to keep the CEL off for the 2nd 02 sensor. I'm at the point where I just want to give up. Long story short my flex pipe on my 3 broke for the 3rd time. Instead of trying to salvage the cut and mangled OEM manifold I decided to upgrade to the MSDS header. I've tried a defouler from CNT racing so far. didnt work. tried an ebay one with a screen on it that seemed more promising it stayed off for much longer but eventually came back on. My last hope is this "02 simulator" i saw googling this issue and it basically wires in to your 02 sensor to trick the ECU into thinking it has the proper voltage.. anyone have any luck with this or have a solution?

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 3 i Hatchback
251 Posts
Hate to say it, but I think you really have only two options:
  1. Return to stock and solve what's breaking your flex pipes
  2. Get a custom tune that programs out the CEL for the 2nd O2.
Multiple broken flex pipes suggests that either your motor is moving too much (motor mounts?), or your exhaust is either moving too much or not enough (do you have a custom exhaust, or is the stock exhaust missing hangers?).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hate to say it, but I think you really have only two options:
  1. Return to stock and solve what's breaking your flex pipes
  2. Get a custom tune that programs out the CEL for the 2nd O2.
Multiple broken flex pipes suggests that either your motor is moving too much (motor mounts?), or your exhaust is either moving too much or not enough (do you have a custom exhaust, or is the stock exhaust missing hangers?).
forgot to leave that out. only got it fixed twice because of the warranty from the exhaust shop. I then knew my rear mount was toast. so with replacing the header I got a 95 Durometer mount from AWR.I do want to do a tune and get rid of that pesky CEL. My fear is that it wont pass inspection (car sat for a year and has a expired sticker) and I'm in Massachusetts so they're super annoying about emissions and such. and its a stock exhaust. they had to delete my resonators because they were rusted/rotted and leaking anyways (new England weather).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts