2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2010 Mazda 3 2.2 Diesel (in the UK) which I have since driven out of the small warranty window that the garage provided.
Over the past week or so I've noticed that the car massively under performs when the engine is cold and the exhausts sounds much louder and a lot deeper than normal.
Once the car has been driven for 10-20mins the issues go away and the car performs better and the noise from the exhaust dies down.
An example would be needing to pull out quickly at a junction, putting my foot down and the car having hardly any power regardless of gear, but I can still hear the turbo kicking in.

I've owned the car for just over a month and the mileage is currently at 55,000 miles and the car will have gone from doing an average of 5000 miles a year with it's previous owners, up to 13,0000 miles a year with me.
Car was last serviced 6 months ago. I do regular, 30 minute journeys to and from work on the motorway

I have had some suggestions from a couple of friends that hint at either clogged DPF or a Fuel Injector fault but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this that may have any ideas before i get it look at by my local dealer. No warning lights, no coloured smoke or visible holes in the exhaust, no errors logged in ODBC tool

1 - 1 of 1 Posts