2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. i like to know what is the simplest way to get the 2.5 hp to 200..
it runs 167 so it shouldnt be that hard.. so please let me know...:blush 1:

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
After headers intake and exhaust you should be at like 190ish crank. Like wing said there isn't an easy way to get the extra 10. Some claim a tune get the last 10 but wing said his tune did nothing. And youd probably notice a 10 hp increase.

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
Your options are simple, get
  • Intake
  • Exhaust w/ Racing Pipe
  • Headers
  • Chip or Tune
  • Turbo, NOZZ
  • Be the first with a supercharger of sorts

Would a methane kit help in this situation, anyone? I honestly forget the benefits from it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You'd be able to do it with dollars, question is...how much are you willing to spend?

·
Bird is the word!
998 Posts
Get the FIC works after all that would be the way to go and a dyno tune maybe run e85 or 91+ octane tune bigger injectors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know with the 2.5 u put a turbo intake and exhaust on and ur about 230ish and turbo kits are around 4500 but the problem is ull have to fix some internals to handle the boost

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
The 2.5 can handle up to 300-350 with stock internals could be more though I know the speed could can handle 400 on stock.

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
The 2.5 can handle up to 300-350 with stock internals could be more though I know the speed could can handle 400 on stock.
The speed can handle 400 but by then the torque is too high for the crankshaft and the tranny to handle

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I traded in my 2.0 for a 2.5
At 18000 s touring was hard to pass...
And that extra little power makes a whole lot of difference...

Anyway I want to get the car up to 200hp I life the racing beat exhaust but.. does it have any effect on horsepower?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Doubtful that it can handle that much
Thats what the owner told me when I contacted tri-point ill have to call again to double check

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Yeah i have called tripoint numerous times and they said the 2.5 engine will out live the Tranny in terms of power. and the 2.5 Doesn't need internals to make 250-300WHP. the stock rods/pistons can take a beating. dude in mexico is making 370lbs Torque on stock rods.

you don't need internals to handle moderate boost around 300whp.

like I said, Unicorns and fairy dust.

If you needed rods to run some boost, I would of needed a new engine months upon months ago

·
Engineer / Scientist
183 Posts
33hp (crank or whp) is easy to make on any engine, go ahead and advance the timing and lean out the fuel maps. You can easily surpass 200.

Not that I said it would be reliable, you might be replacing a piston or two when they burn holes in them, or you might have a rod bent like a banana every now and then.

The tune is going to be limited by how long you want to run the motor without needing a rebuild. When the tune is more aggressive the useful life of the engine will be decreased. Tune too much and you are not only reducing the useful life, you are risking a catastrophic disaster.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
I know with the 2.5 u put a turbo intake and exhaust on and ur about 230ish and turbo kits are around 4500 but the problem is ull have to fix some internals to handle the boost
Mazda's engines are actually well known for handling boost very well at least non skyactiv lol

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
so... anyone know how much the 2.0 can make? lmao

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Lol just like Liquid said the more money you invest the more power you can get.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
ain't got no moneyz... *jewlife

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Ok I traded in my 2.0 for a 2.5
At 18000 s touring was hard to pass...
And that extra little power makes a whole lot of difference...

Anyway I want to get the car up to 200hp I life the racing beat exhaust but.. does it have any effect on horsepower?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Unless you are removing a cat an exhaust won't net you much if anything.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts