2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I daily drive my beloved Mazda 3 Hatchback over 100 miles per day. A lot of my driving takes me through back roads that are VERY dark with deer/raccoon galore. My headlights with my brights on work well enough but I want something extremely bright in addition to my headlights to help me. The factory fogs don't hardly do anything. I was thinking of mounting an additional set of ultra bright fogs in the front lower grille with aux switch mounted on dash. Has anyone done this? Have any advice?

I want bright, like Le Mans race car/Baha1000 at night bright. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Mitch

·
Registered
9 Posts
[Old thread but in case anyone is looking for the same thing]
Keep in mind, fog lights don't shoot forward. That's not their intended purpose. They shoot very wide, very short and low with the purpose to cut UNDER fog, not reflect off fog, so that's not going to help you at all. You can mount a lightbar, or get Hella 500s. I have two sets of Hella 500s, one is fog style but I use it as a highbeam (I rigged it to shoot the beam far, above my lowbeams, and also slightly wider than my factory fogs and converted them to HID as well), the other is 500FF that I converted to LED but it's spotbeam style. I mounted it behind the top grille because it serves my purpose there. If you mount it in the lower grill, get the adjustable LED light bar stuff so you can turn the angle upwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts