2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Hi.

Just bought a 2009 Mazda3 hatch.

So far loving the car - but as I am new to the world of Mazda, I was wondering if there any mods ( or anything else ) that you could recommend that would make my driving experience better than it already is!?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sensible mods for you here:

1) Corksport short ram intake: More power, and a nice throaty engine sound only when you want it. Quiet as stock when you want that.

2) Continental ExtremeContact tires: Nicer ride, quieter ride. A little soft on the sidewall though, so they might not handle as good as some tires.

3) SPC rear camber arms: Adjust your rear camber down to -0.5 to -1.0 degrees. Less jittery handling over bumps, smoother ride, better stopping, less understeer.

·
Registered
256 Posts
This may sound ridiculous, but one upgrade I recommend for Mazda 3 owners is the wiper fluid windshield nozzles. The OEM are useless, shooting an anemic line of fluid from 2-ports per nozzle. They're also a PITA to aim.

I found these instructions on another forum a couple of years ago where the 2008-2012 Ford Fusion nozzles are a perfect replacement. Unlike the OEM Mazda 3 nozzles, the Fusion nozzles spray a fan pattern that hits the critical areas of the windshield and have better coverage.

I found the nozzles on eBay (brand new) for under $20 shipped, and they're well worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts