2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
As the title says, I'm after the roof weight limit for a 2008 Mazda 3 sedan. I've read my owners manual front to back and no mention of roof weight limit or anything.

Thank you~

·
Registered
04 Mazda 3 HB 5-speed
8 Posts
I keep seeing ~160lbs referenced using the preset/fixed mounting points, based on manufacturer. That number changes when looking at the ones for a bare roof with the towers that sit directly on the car. 88 - 160lbs, again, based on the manufacturer. Makes sense.. the rack manufacturer should supply a weight limit based on their testing.

I also have an 08 Mazda 5 with a ROLA roof rack on it using the fixed mounting points. Checked and they rate that one at 110lbs. 3 years on the 5 and I never bothered to check what the limit was.. 🤷‍♂️ My thought is to go with what the manufacturer recommends based on the mounting setup and use common sense from there.

I am going to have to check my car now. Looking around, it sounds like the first gens have preset mounting points under that molding strip on the roof. Just need to drill a hole through the rubber?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts