2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback a couple months ago(used) and later noticed that there were some issues with the door locks. When I press the unlock switch(on driver or passenger door), only the two back doors unlock. When I press the lock switch(on driver or passenger door), only the door behind the driver’s seat locks. I’ve tried researching a bit but it doesn’t seem like an actuator issue and it doesn’t seem like an ECM issue because it’s only the locks on the car, nothing else. Just thought I’d post on here looking for a solution , I just started learning about cars so sorry for incorrect information/incorrect understanding of the issue. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish I had the knowlege to assist with a rememdy. I'm new to the site and was hoping to see multiple forum members with knowlege to answer your question. Hope you find the answer to your question soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback a couple months ago(used) and later noticed that there were some issues with the door locks. When I press the unlock switch(on driver or passenger door), only the two back doors unlock. When I press the lock switch(on driver or passenger door), only the door behind the driver’s seat locks. I’ve tried researching a bit but it doesn’t seem like an actuator issue and it doesn’t seem like an ECM issue because it’s only the locks on the car, nothing else. Just thought I’d post on here looking for a solution , I just started learning about cars so sorry for incorrect information/incorrect understanding of the issue. Thanks so much!
I know it's been a while, but have you tried having someone hit the switch while you are by the doors that aren't working to make sure they are triggering? If they are making noise, you likely have a bind in the wire connecting to the plastic lock piece. If it;s not making noise at all, then it's likely that door module may need to be replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts