2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

I bought this 07 Mazda 3 and ever since I bought it, it's been making these weird sounds in the back of the car. I need some help identifying it so I can see if I can fix it myself or go to a mechanic.

Here's a video with the sound I'm talking about.

· Super Moderator
7,817 Posts
Maybe crawl under the car and take a look? A youtube video of a sound is not much to go on.....Could be anything from a loose heat shield to a wheel bearing or anything in between... The only way real to identify this sort of thing is actually look at the car and see if you can locate the source by moving or shaking things by hand.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe crawl under the car and take a look? A youtube video of a sound is not much to go on.....Could be anything from a loose heat shield to a wheel bearing or anything in between... The only way real to identify this sort of thing is actually look at the car and see if you can locate the source by moving or shaking things by hand.
I've gone under the car, and the only thing I can really feel is the muffler hitting the heat shields. I might need to replace the hangers on the mufflers since they might have a little too much play.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey y'all,

I bought this 07 Mazda 3 and ever since I bought it, it's been making these weird sounds in the back of the car. I need some help identifying it so I can see if I can fix it myself or go to a mechanic.

Here's a video with the sound I'm talking about.

My 2005 hatchback makes nearly the same sound, coming from the rear driver it seems like. Found that the rear shock absorber is blown, and will be replacing today. You may check that bushing on the underside behind the driver or passenger rear wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.