2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently hit 205,000 miles on my 2007 2.0 Mazda 3 I, and it's still going strong. However, I am preparing for the day my engine blows, and I recently discovered the 2.5 ford Duratec swap, but every time I read about it, it's always a swap from a 2.3 to a 2.5. Is the 2.0 to the 2.5 even possible? If it is what would In need to do? I can use all the help I can get right now; thank you:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've done two 2.0l to 2.5l You need to use a 2.3 timing cover, 2.5 Mazda intake manifold and Throttle body. You can reuse the 2.0 oil pan if you use a BSD kit and grind down the casting rib to clear No.1 Rod and the 2.0 oil pickup tube. There is a Facebook group with plenty of information on swapping the 2.5 Duratech

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So for the intake and the throttle body, its from a mazda 6 right? And does it matter what year it is? I think I'm going to put a 2012 duratec. Also did you get any codes or need a tune? And I'm probably going to get the 2.3 oil pan , what's the point of the bsd delete? Does it improve performance?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Intake from a 2.5 Mazda 3 is what I have used. You need to swap over the tumble flap solenoid from the 2.0 to 2.5 manifold. BSD allows engine to rev quicker due to decreased rotational mass. I use BSD because I found it difficult to find 2.3 oil pans with A/C mounted to pan

·
Registered
Mzd 3 Sedan 2.0 manual transmission
1 Posts
Sorry to revive this old post, I've been doing my research and have the same issue, I see most swaps 2.3 to 2.5 and my car is 2.0, my question is about the manual transmission, will I be able to use my own 2.0 manual transmission or I have to swap it too?

·
Registered
18 Posts
It will mate just fine. All transmissions bolt patterns are the same. Manuals transmissions are the same 2.0 and 2.3. Automatics are different 2.0 is a 4 speed 2.3 are 5 speed but they all bolt up to 2.5 engines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts