2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New SP23 owner and have run into some issues. Over the past several weeks my alarm was going off randomly. After doing a bit of research I decided to simply opt for replacing the key fob batteries before diving into door latches and etc.

Well that seemed to remedy the situation for the past week, but today both fobs stopped working. Doing more research I attempted to perform the fob reprogramming unsuccessfully. I then noticed that there is no "chime" when the key is in the ignition and the door is open.

Both fobs started not functioning at the same time. They both have brand new batteries in them, and from what I can tell, I can't get the car to enter fob programming mode => its not the fobs. It has to be something with the car, potentially the receiver. I'm guessing its also related to the random alarming issue. My other thought is that there is an issue with the ignition switch.

I've exhausted research on the internet. The only helpful information that I've been able to locate is that the receiver is potentially located above the headliner in the vicinity of the map lights. Which may be relevant as I live in the Seattle area and the wife likes to leave the sunroof cracked open.

Anyone got any help to offer?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts