2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sons 2005 Mazda 3 just stopped shifting out of park.
I've tested these:
The horn does works
the brake lights do not work
the solenoid to release the shifter from park doesn't work.

Steps tried:
I replaced the brake light switch but no improvement.
The Brake light connector does have 12 volts to red.

After reading through several of the posts I am hoping it isn't the PJB. I'm hard pressed to guess where that wire goes from that connector at the brake pedal until it gets to a junction where it splits to the brake lights and the relay for the transmission interlock solenoid which sounds like it is in the PJB. Hoping someone has seen this issue or maybe has the pin out for the PJB connectors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update:
I've pulled all the connectors off the passenger side junction box and reattached them with no change.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My horn and interior lights would not work in my 05 m3 along with my turn signals turned out to be my pjb pulled one from a 07 m3 plugged it up and have been good to go since that might be ur problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hit the junk yard today and bought 4 PJB's but none resolved the issue and I cant believe all 4 were bad. Working on finding the pin out for the connectors and and bypassing the the box for the brake lights so my son will be able to drive it again. I was sure / hoping it was the PJB.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I have the brake lights and shift lock relay working. Maybe someone can explain why I had to go to these lengths to get it working. I ended up taking power from the cigarette lighter and splicing it into the red wire on the brake light switch plug 0918-701 R connector. That got the shift lock working but not the brake lights. I then spliced into the same connector R/W wire and ran that to the brake light wire in the blue or green connector in the PJB (found wire with a electronic tracer). Nothing else worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts