2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Maybe go OBX headers / cat back for non sky engines. I tend to try to stay away from china made stainless.
I installed a china made stainless steel high flow cat from Yonaka and exterior is already rusty red/rose looking compared to the Corksport stainless exhaust
and MSDS headers ... both look brand new after 3 years. Not sure if stainless cat is a same stainless steel on exhaust components
Any stainless could be used for an exhaust so it would depend on what grade and alloy they decided to use. As typical, the cheaper parts will use a low grade stainless. That stuff is only a bit resistant to rust, that's all. Even the high end stuff can and will rust but it takes far longer.

The rust resistance is a function of how much chromium is in that alloy. In the future you could always ask the seller the stainless grade and do your own research....if you trust them to be honest :p

The structural requirements of an exhaust pipe or cat are pretty well nothing besides the heat cycling. Any steel should be ductile enough to handle that heat. I'd be only concerned with the chromium content.

Thing is...that chromium costs

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
292 Posts
Besides the chromium content ...i would also think thickness of stainless factures into he price.
Id be more concerned with the welds.

... with mine. I do get the car Krown rust proofed every year. Checks it in check ... on the outside

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
The CS system is supposed to be 304 stainless. However, not all is as it seems. The tips for example are just cheap steel with chrome plating....there has been discussion about this in the past.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
292 Posts
The CS system is supposed to be 304 stainless. However, not all is as it seems. The tips for example are just cheap steel with chrome plating....there has been discussion about this in the past.
I'll have to check mine

·
Registered
13 Posts
Corksport and Racing Beat both make exhausts for the sedan. Both are louder than stock, but the Racing Beat exhaust is considered to be the least annoying (loud) exhaust.
CK
Is it the Corksport cat-back or axle-back that is annoying/droning? I definitely want to go with the Axle-back, but I haven't decided whether to go with CS or RB. I don't care about performance gains, it's the in-cabin soundtrack improvement that I'm after.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
292 Posts
As far as I know ... all aftermarket performance exhausts will increase interior and exterior exhaust noises. All cars will have a certain rpm that will produce some sort of drone (high or low pitch) , annoying sound, unsually sounding exhaust note . As you go through the rpm range the tone is changing. How hard or slow you accelerate the exhaust tone will be different. What is most annoying is if that drone is at 100 km per hr or your favorite cruising speed. My annoying drone happens at about 3000 rpm , 5 gear. (100-110 km )
Best you look up you tube videos of exhausts you are considering with the car you drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does any one here have the Remus exhaust? Possibly purchase without tips to save on price and have muffler shop put tips on for your configuration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
292 Posts
Does any one here have the Remus exhaust? Possibly purchase without tips to save on price and have muffler shop put tips on for your configuration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks interesting ... Austria made ...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts