2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what is the difference between two engines?
Does 175PS have bigger turbo?

·
Registered
200 Posts
only difference is the software, look at some cx5 forums, in the german cx5 forum there is a bigggg thread about it...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am waiting on a tuning software from EcuTek as we speak.
I have the 150 PS version, so i will talk to my tuner about the 210 PS.

The only difference is the software, so to get around 180-190 shouldnt be any problem.

·
Registered
115 Posts
soooo i just got a reply from EcuTek that my ECU software was a new version they werent able to tune yet, but they are working on it! bah.... typical :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, i hope that in my country can tune my ecu :)

I will tune at SM chip tuning also i will try to take of DPF.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Damn, i hope that in my country can tune my ecu :)

I will tune at SM chip tuning also i will try to take of DPF.
Where do u live?

EcuTek has now made a beta version of the software to tune the new 2.2 Skyactiv-D engine, so i will leave my car at the local EcuTek dealer for some testing. Will provide dyno test when its done :)

I can get up to 215 ps and upto 500 nm, but there are some restrictions in the exhaust system, the paticular filter, wich im going to remove. Removal means, remove the inside of the filter, and then leave it as it is, since its a issue with the EU spec.
This will open the exhaust more, and i will be able to get above 200 ps easily :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where do u live?

EcuTek has now made a beta version of the software to tune the new 2.2 Skyactiv-D engine, so i will leave my car at the local EcuTek dealer for some testing. Will provide dyno test when its done :)

I can get up to 215 ps and upto 500 nm, but there are some restrictions in the exhaust system, the paticular filter, wich im going to remove. Removal means, remove the inside of the filter, and then leave it as it is, since its a issue with the EU spec.
This will open the exhaust more, and i will be able to get above 200 ps easily :)
Very nice,you make me jelous :smile2:

I am from Croatia...
Please provide any date when u are done..
How much does it cost u?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very nice,you make me jelous :smile2:

I am from Croatia...
Please provide any date when u are done..
How much does it cost u?

ahhh! hello there :)
the lates EcuTek update will be availeable from the 21st of February.
Still need to leave my car to the tuner ;)

well... with the ECU tuning and DPF removal, it will be around 1500 euros.

·
Registered
115 Posts
By Dpf Removal Do you mean cutting the particle Filter out or a downpipe instead?!
Take down the exhaust pipe, cut the DPF open, take out the filter, and weld it back together :)

Reactions: knorac

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sooo... my car has been in dyno testing and beta testing for EcuTek´s tuning software for 3 days now, and with no luck!
The ECU is encrypted with a new CPU, so im only able to read everything, but not write.

frustrating!

Anyways... this is a 150 PS and 380 NM version, and on the dyno it was 153 PS and 385 NM. Not too bad, but waiting for EcuTek to do some magic now!
Instagram

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have u made some progres in tuning this?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have u made some progres in tuning this?

still waiting for different people to crack the ECU.

Seems like Epifan software will release a new version next week, maybe then.

I also have to make a custom new downpipe from the turbo to remove the DPF, and im waiting on Total MPS in the UK to maybe make a EGR block off kit, and maybe a new turbo downpipe

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you are very serious about your upgrades :)
Respect

For now i am planing remap and dpf removal, and i hope i dont get anymore ides from you :)
Because its contagious 0:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
you are very serious about your upgrades :)
Respect

For now i am planing remap and dpf removal, and i hope i dont get anymore ides from you :)
Because its contagious 0:)
Thanks :) Need to do it properly when i first do it hehe :)

gonna update you guys when everythings going forward. Still working on that tune of the ECU. Hopefully something will loosen up this week.

·
Registered
115 Posts
why a hardware egr block and not software?! hope ecutek will bring a software solution for the egr...
need both to remove it. Going to block of the flange on the intake and outlet of the engine block.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
any updates?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts