2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

2.0L Supercharged Mazda Engine

6K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  arathol 
#1 ·
I have read a lot of posts here about Mazda possibly releasing a turbo charged engine but have any of you heard anything about a supercharged one?

#13 ·
If you talking about Mazda 3 going turbo charged then this will be coming soon and will hopefully trickle down into other models or has already started .
2020 Mazda3 TCR Race Car Debuts With 350 HP And Big Wing ...hopefully a street legal to come soon after.

For those increased to swap out their 2.3L with a properly rebuilt check these :

For those MX5 Miata's looking to add a turbo kit or Supercharge their 2.0L NC or ND have a look here:

I installed xero limit Stage 1.5 cams in my 2.0L Mazda 3 engine :
Xero Limit NC MX5 MZR/Duratec Custom Cams .... these will work on the MZR 2.0L, 2.3L & 2.5L NA engines.

#14 ·
If you talking about Mazda 3 going turbo charged then this will be coming soon and will hopefully trickle down into other models or has already started .
2020 Mazda3 TCR Race Car Debuts With 350 HP And Big Wing ...hopefully a street legal to come soon after.
No, not going to happen any time soon. In fact the TCR has been delayed intil 2021.....there is a long discussion about it here somewhere.....

For those increased to swap out their 2.3L with a properly rebuilt check these :

For those MX5 Miata's looking to add a turbo kit or Supercharge their 2.0L NC or ND have a look here:

I installed xero limit Stage 1.5 cams in my 2.0L Mazda 3 engine :
Xero Limit NC MX5 MZR/Duratec Custom Cams .... these will work on the MZR 2.0L, 2.3L & 2.5L NA engines.
The NC and the ND have different engines, not cross compatible. All that stuff if for the MZR engine in the NC.

#15 · (Edited)
Correct ND is different ....not much internals for ND at XeroLimit just simple intake/exhaust upgrades.
BBRGTI you can get ideas on how they turbo the ND and cams for the skyactiv 2.0L and other internals for the skyactiv platform.

#17 ·
....on the Mazda 3 2.0L skyactiv ? or 2.5L

#19 ·

Skyativ cams

#21 ·
Its also for the 2.0 L mazda 3 ... just toggle for mx5 nd 2.0L or 3 2.0L when choosing variant

#22 ·
Its also for the 2.0 L mazda 3 ... just toogle for mx5 nd 2.0L or 3 2.0L when choosing variant
Yup, I'm quite familiar with that web site. Its just that the item description doesn't say a word about the Mazda 3, it can be confusing if you are not familiar with what fits which engine. Most assume that the MX-5 and the Mazda 3 engines are exactly the same just because they are both 2.0L Skyactive engines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.