2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATED 6/26

So, I created an 'intro' thread a little while ago, but didn't really have any proper pictures of the car to share. I went out and snapped a few today, so I'd have something to share and no longer be a creepy lurker. Hopefully, with the intent, of being a regular 'round here.

I've got a long way to go with the car, but with my recent marriage and house purchase, mods on the car usually take a back seat.

UPDATE
So, I just sold a pair of retro jordans and with the money I made, i picked up these:banana 1:

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Looking good!

I started out doing the cheap stuff first... interior LED bulbs, painting emblems, and so forth...

Now im in the big stuff, rims, lowering springs, suspension add-ons, exhaust and so on... adds up quickly, almost too quick sometimes...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh for sure - I mean, i've done a bit, but I'm used to getting most of my mods done so fast. I'm new to this whole 'patience' thing.

I've done the small things like LEDs in the interior and license plate, Black lugs, Black badges, tint, pedals, painted calipers and lamin-x fog lights.

I guess thing 'big' things are DDM HID Kit, Injen Intake, Racing Beat Exhaust, TEIN Springs, RX-8 Wheels with 5mm rear spacers, 8" subwoofer, shark fin antenna and the M'z Custom Replica Lip Kit.

Next up will definitely be brakes and a proper set of wheels.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice car man! what are you lowered on?
Tein S.Tech Lowering Springs. I feel that they have a reasonable enough drop without being too extreme - an OEM plus look. I wanted the car lower, but not so low that the wife won't drive it.

I had coilovers on my previous car (A4) and she was too afraid of scraping everything.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn that looks soo clean good job man whats your next mod you planning on getting ?
Thanks man!...Definitely trying to keep everything clean, almost OEM+ looking. Didn't want any crazy colors or any other distractions.

As of right now, the next mod would be new rotors and HAWK HPS pads all around. THAT or a new set of wheels if a set I like pops up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks real good! Always love the rx-8 wheels. They go well on anything. Get some spacers to get a better fitment since the offset is only +50 and it will be even better!
I figured the RX-8 wheels were more of temporary place holders. I picked them up for $100 on craigslist. So the next set of wheels I get will have a proper offset. At least et40.

I come from a german car background where all you had to do was get longer bolts, spacers on these cars are a PITA! I've got 5mm on there right now, which is pretty pointless. I'd like to get 15mm or 20mm, but I really don't want to cut my stock studs, so I'll just put that $100-$200 that I'd spend on spacers towards a new set of wheels.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
I figured the RX-8 wheels were more of temporary place holders. I picked them up for $100 on craigslist. So the next set of wheels I get will have a proper offset. At least et40.

I come from a german car background where all you had to do was get longer bolts, spacers on these cars are a PITA! I've got 5mm on there right now, which is pretty pointless. I'd like to get 15mm or 20mm, but I really don't want to cut my stock studs, so I'll just put that $100-$200 that I'd spend on spacers towards a new set of wheels.
Fair enough. That is a steal for those wheels...

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Yo I swear I saw your car somewhere where are you located at? BTW welcome to the forum nice looking car LSM!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yo I swear I saw your car somewhere where are you located at? BTW welcome to the forum nice looking car LSM!
Thanks man!...I'm in Northwest Florida (pensacola/destin) area, so chances are, unless you were down here it must have been my doppelganger :cheesy:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
haha well I guess not then lol cause theres another guy here same color and all and has blue fogs, lip, and rx-8 rims

1 - 20 of 36 Posts