2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I’d post this because maybe someone can get a chuckle out of my terrible misfortune and just because I needed to rant a little...

So since I’m trying to save money after buying the car but still wanting to mod I decided I’d start with oem visors and a led strip in my cup holder, simple enough and things that I would use. Ordered the visors and the following week decided to go to autozone after work to get a led strip for 15 bucks. On my way home from autozone is when the disaster stuck. As I’m driving about 45 mph a truck in front of me in the passing lane hits something which throws it into my lane, a foot wide sewer access panel with a pipe attached to the bottom. I slammed my brakes and swerved as far onto the shoulder as I could to avoid it but I still hit it with my front tire and clipped it with my back, or so I thought. When I finally get out to look at my car I become instantly sick to my stomach, this is what I see....

As you can see my back door is mangled, it dented my sill, it even took a chunk out of my rim and put a gash in my tire. The best I could describe my mood at the time was a murderous rage, bought the car in Jan and only have 2,800 miles on it. This was last Thursday, the insurance adjuster was out today to look at it, $2,200 in damages but luckily I only have to pay a $500 deductible .The auto body shop I use can start my car this Monday but it will take about 4 days... crazy. What’s really making me mad is everyone else who headed to our town right after work didn't see this in the road, so it happened on my 15 minute drive to buy a 15 dollar led which is actually costing $515 now, and it still hasn't been installed. To top it off my visors got delivered yesterday and there’s no point in installing them until my car gets out of the shop till end of next week. Oh yeah, and won't be surprised if my insurance rates go up :mad 1:

Hopefully my next post will be in a week or two showing my expensive led cup holder requiring pointless major body work and my installed visors :001_unsure:

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Omg I feel so sorry for you. That's was my big fear with buying my speed new. Now that I got 9k miles on it that's fading. At least the insurance will cover. You should try and get some OEM side skirts out of the deal. Hopefhlly the repair goes well and you can go on modding trouble free.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Ouch that sucks. I feel your pain. My first Mazda was barely a month old when an SUV in front of me kicked a huge chunk of concrete into my lane. No time to react meant that I hit it and bent both wheels on the left side of my car. $500 a pop for oem wheels is when I was introduced to aftermarket wheels. I bought a set of enkei RP03 and haven't stopped modding from there on in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what hurts worse, being without my car for a few days or the 500 I could have spent in a much better way on it... glad to hear my insurance won't go up tho, spent enough money this month as it is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
206 Posts
im sorry to hear about this. nobody wants this to happen to their car

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
That is some bad body damage OP! Glad to see that it is getting fixed but that does make for an expensive LED strip :crybaby 1:

Ouch that sucks. I feel your pain. My first Mazda was barely a month old when an SUV in front of me kicked a huge chunk of concrete into my lane. No time to react meant that I hit it and bent both wheels on the left side of my car. $500 a pop for oem wheels is when I was introduced to aftermarket wheels. I bought a set of enkei RP03 and haven't stopped modding from there on in.
I remember those wheels. Super awesome and you sold them to a member on here at the same time I got your old MS3 exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts