2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home from work Monday after leaving my car parked below a building that was having renovations done. There was scaffolding and I parked where the supporting crossbeams are laid, much behind the driveway.

I came home to move my car for ASP the next morning and noticed a perfectly thin rectangular sheet of white dust on the edge of the grill/hood. I wiped a bit away and noticed a scratch and then a dent right above the Mazda emblem! :argh 1:

I called the contractor listed immediately and asked if he was responsible for the work being done there today and he said yes. Then I asked if he was aware that they damaged my car today and after some silence replies "No one was working there today." He claims to want to see the damage to "know what I'm talking about." I'm working from home today to meet him but I'm worried that I don't have any proof that it was them.

It's right on the hood and I will notice it every time I walk to the car. The ding over the crest really makes it look derpy :no: How much would it cost to get something like this back to "like new." A simple dent fix and scratch repair at the shop, or would it be possible to replace the panel?

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
That panel should be fixable, or at the worst, it's a small piece that shouldn't be too expensive to replace. Good luck.

That may actually be a plastic part, not sheet metal.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting... is it unheard of to buy a panel on it's own? I would replace it myself if possible or take it to a body shop for them to do it. Or would it all have to be done through a shop?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds best not to get insurance involved at all then (don't want higher premiums). I'll try to work out a deal with the managing contractor but if not it looks like it'll have to live with the damage until I can pony up the dough.

Thanks guys :)

·
Somewhere in the Matrix
170 Posts
Good luck with the repair!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had my 2014 mazda 3 hit and run today in a parking lot. Got a few nice white streaks on my bumper and a 2 nice little dents. The car looked horrible having red car with white marks going down the side. There were also 2 small spots where the paint peeled off. When i saw I almost went to the ground in tears I have only had the car a month.

Does anyone know what a rear bumper cover costs for a 2014 mazda 3. Also know if any come from manufacture painted. I got the white streaks out but some of the scratches went to the black plastic underneath and the dents cant be popped out completely.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you got any compensation?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Nope! Kept calling the contractor's cell phone and arranging meet ups. Then when it came time to meet at the construction site I would keep calling only to leave a voicemail. I don't have time to be kicked around like that. Feels like I lost but I'll probably get I taken care of the same time I get my tints.

If this guy ever buys a new car, I hope it's flattened by a semi on the first day.

·
Skidigger
69 Posts
Nope! Kept calling the contractor's cell phone and arranging meet ups. Then when it came time to meet at the construction site I would keep calling only to leave a voicemail. I don't have time to be kicked around like that. Feels like I lost but I'll probably get I taken care of the same time I get my tints.

If this guy ever buys a new car, I hope it's flattened by a semi on the first day.
Why don't you find his car and scratch it every where? The least you could do is, pour some sugar water. When sun dries it out, it would be difficult to remove unless you know the trick!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just had my 2014 mazda 3 hit and run today in a parking lot. Got a few nice white streaks on my bumper and a 2 nice little dents. The car looked horrible having red car with white marks going down the side. There were also 2 small spots where the paint peeled off. When i saw I almost went to the ground in tears I have only had the car a month.

Does anyone know what a rear bumper cover costs for a 2014 mazda 3. Also know if any come from manufacture painted. I got the white streaks out but some of the scratches went to the black plastic underneath and the dents cant be popped out completely.
I got rear ended a few weeks back, not my fault, her insurance paid. I think the bill was like $2,000-2,500 to replace the rear bumper and re-paint the bottom part of the hatch because of a tiny dent in it. I'm in Canada so not sure how the pricing would compare to other countries.

·
Registered
437 Posts

I doubt you'd get anything from him even if he was man enough to meet up with you. You'll never prove it was him, and all he has to do is deny.

Why don't you find his car and scratch it every where? The least you could do is, pour some sugar water. When sun dries it out, it would be difficult to remove unless you know the trick!
That's not really fair to him, is it? It wasn't necessarily the foreman or whoever who did this, it could have been anyone on the job site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts