2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alrighty my ms3 peeps, so I have learned that the shop I went to, that installed my DP a while back, put a 1st gen Denso primary o2 sensor. They stripped the original sensor, they tried their best to not strip it but it happened. I had them order me a new sensor right away cuz I just couldn't be without my car for a long time and OEM was about 1 week or so away.

Well turns out all this time I've been rocking a 1st gen o2 sensor. My tuner kept telling me I have a boost leak somewhere during our tuning time and I've tried hunting down this leak and there's no leak. Even paid 2 different shops to do a boost leak for me (one of them was Cobb SoCal) and they both said no boost leak. So lately I've been getting a CEL, p0134 saying my primary wide band o2 is dead. The funny thing is that if I stop the car, restart it, it would go away. Really weird. Well I was ordering a new O2 sensor, I've noticed the pictures were different between the two gens!! So this is just a FYI for you speed peeps, NGK is our original manufacture for the sensor so there's no need to go the dealer and by OEM. Below is the part numbers for the NGK brand.

- 1st Gen NGK NTK24357
- 2nd Gen NGK NTK24393

Below is pics between the two gens, both are Denso brand.

Here is the 1st gen
Product Auto part

Here's mine:
Auto part

2nd gen, see the differences?
Auto part Automotive engine part

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, just ordered it from Rock auto.....it's just about $100 shipped, I did a 3 day shipping so it was about $112 to my door cuz I wanted to get this installed ASAP and start re-tuning again.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just more FYI, so I received this Bosch #15782 (exact fit model) and it looks exactly like for the 1st gen. I plugged in the parameters for the 2nd gen ms3 and this came up.

The bosch (supposibly for the 2nd gen):

Auto part Cylinder

The NGK ntk 24393 I got in the mail from rockauto.

Tire Auto part

NGK for the 1st gen:

Auto part Tool accessory Axle part Hardware accessory Machine

Now look at the NGK for the 2nd gen. I sent the Bosch back obviously so just waiting for my NGK:

Auto part Tool accessory

Here are the length and width differences. Here is the bosch #15782 (supposibly for the 2nd gen) Just a hair over 2 1/4" long, measured from the top most of the heat shield

Transport Vehicle Train Measuring instrument

The NGK #ntk24393. About 1 5/8" long

Electronic component

Width of the Bosch is about 5/8"

Tap

Width of the NGK is about hair under 3/4"

Tool accessory Metal

I will say, I am not certain of size & height of the bosch makes a difference or not. I'm assuming it does based on how ngk has it different. Hope this helps you guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts