2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a soul red 2017 GT and and had the dealership throw winters on the stock rims (I'm up in Canada eh) and now looking to buy summer wheels. Really like the DAI Autobahns in matte black and looks like I have 2 options with the 18x8's...either I go with a 45 or 35 offset. I'm planning on slapping on 235/40 tires and just wanted to know which offset to go with.

Found a great site that provides a nice visual of the wheel and tire combo against stock (tire-size-calculator.info), plus provides all the specs, speedo dif, outset/inset, etc. Looks like a 35 offset will push the wheel out 1.09 inches, but not sure if I'd have to roll the fenders...so maybe too much. BTW, not planning on dropping it just yet and will probably stay stock height for a while --- would like to but dealership said that it could impact warranty on entire suspension. Will probably do it as she gets closer to end of warranty.

Need some help/advice pretty please.

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
I was on the same dilemma a while back, you are definitely better off with 45+ Offset (The safest for our Mazda's).

In the other hand, 35+ Offset might require some tweaking to avoid any rubbing or issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're staying stock height, I think you would be alright with 18x8 +35. I'm running stock height on 18x8.5 +38 (Evo X rims) without any issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm staying stock height for now, but may want to drop it a little down the road. I figure if I stick with 45 offset, I can always add spacers down the road if I want to push the wheels out for more of that flush look...plus I have more flexibility to play with the spacing that way. Don't think that I'd have an issue if I stay within 5mm spacer. Picking up the new wheels this weekend, but will be another month till I put them on.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Iam lowered on 18x8 +45 rims with a 5mm spacer (tyres are 225/45/18) and I think I'd have rubbing issues with a 235/40 on a +35 rim.

If not lowering it should be ok though.

Ignore the wing was a joke moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts