2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bent rim on my 2015 and there are no local junk yards that have a vehicle for me to pick a wheel off of. Used OEM wheels on ebay are roughly $300 which is expensive and it will cost $220 to repair the bend so I am considering a replica wheel that I came across online for $180. The bent wheel also has a bit of curb rash.

Does anyone have any experience with replica wheels? I am considering these: 2014-2016 Mazda 3 Wheels for Sale | 18" Mazda 3 Alloy Wheels

Or I can also wait it out until one pops up in a local junk yard. The bend is barely noticable but I think it is causing some light steering wheel vibration sometimes.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT hatch
148 Posts
Replica wheel to me sounds like a Chinese knock-off...I'd be careful...but it does say they have the same structural certification...maybe look online for reviews?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would suggest checking tire rack dot com or some reputable place to buy from in case you decide to return the wheel if you don't like the actual appearance or build quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I made the mistake of buying rims from a local junk yard - they both ended up being bent - and the return policy was tricky - you had to bring back the bent rim and then get 2 more as replacement - no refunds. And no guarantees if the replacements were bent or not...So by the time a shop mounts and finds out you had bent rims from a junk yard, the entire exercise turned out to be a money and time waste. Lesson learnt - never to pick rims from junk yards..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
UPDATE:

Ok, so I purchased the rim and it had the same "JWL" marking on the outer lip as the OEM one did, my guess is they're made by the same company?

The finish on the new rim looks a bit brighter, but I'm not sure if its actually different or it just appears different because it new and not dirty.

New rim:

Old OEM:

These are the marking on the new rim, ironically its says "not OE":

1 - 9 of 9 Posts