2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that even if the light stalk is set to the parking lights, the headlights come on automatically when shifting into drive? Not sure if this is the same on the 2017, but definitely happens in the '18. I've disabled the Coming Home and Leaving Home options in infotainment.

I'd like to be able to drive around with the parking lights only during the day, as one of my main reasons for getting the '18 was the nicer led strips up front.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
I just leave mine set to auto and the DRLs come on during the day, when I'm in sunny areas.

The lo beam lights only come on when it's dark.
CK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You sure those aren't DRLs?
Just tested in the driveway. With the stalk set to parking lights, I can back the car up for a few seconds with only the angel eyes on. After moving a bit, the full headlights turn on. When I turn the stalk to 'ON', the fogs turn on and there is no change in headlight brightness. When I put the car in park, the lights turn back off and only the led strips stay lit.

I actually noticed this during the day, so it seems like this may be intentional on Mazda's part....which kinda sucks.

Would love to know if there is a possible wiring mod to prevent this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like there is already a post about this on the 2017 model. Thread is titled '2017 GT Mazda 3 Headlighta always ON'

Sorry, thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine is the same way. I think it is the DRLs. My lights come on when I turn off the parking brake since I have a manual. I wish there was an easy way to just keep the led strips on as the DRLs though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts