2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've got a problem where the volume jumps from around 26 (my normal listening volume) to 36 at random times. It seems to be when I slow down and/or come to a stop, but not always. So while I thought it might be the touch screen re-enabling itself and dirt on the screen activating the volume, that's not it. The car is less than two years old and is nice and clean; I don't think it's dirty knobs or anything like that.

Also, and I almost forgot to mention this...I have the ALS (speed volume setting) set to ZERO.

I have not made any tweaks to the system, it's all factory. OS Version is 59.00.441 NA N. I'm wondering if I should just be trying a factory reset, or if there are any other suggestions.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Hey all,

I've got a problem where the volume jumps from around 26 (my normal listening volume) to 36 at random times. It seems to be when I slow down and/or come to a stop, but not always. So while I thought it might be the touch screen re-enabling itself and dirt on the screen activating the volume, that's not it. The car is less than two years old and is nice and clean; I don't think it's dirty knobs or anything like that.

Also, and I almost forgot to mention this...I have the ALS (speed volume setting) set to ZERO.

I have not made any tweaks to the system, it's all factory. OS Version is 59.00.441 NA N. I'm wondering if I should just be trying a factory reset, or if there are any other suggestions.
it's a warranty item... you might even get a free update to ACP/AA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be sweet, let's hope! She's due for her annual checkup in a month or so...I'll check back in then.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I always suggest start with the simplest...A factory reset is not a bad idea. We always seem to forget that electronic tech items are not perfect and we want to tear everything apart. When you mentioned you have the navigation set to zero, that was going to be my next suggestion but it is possible there are applications such as that which are still comingling with one another. What happens when you turn your navigation turned up?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Lucky for you it's a warranty problem, but IME the dealers around here are pretty bad about infotainment problems. I had to take mine in 3 times to fix the touchscreen problem, which is provable by the system's internal diagnostics AND so common that there was a technical bulletin on last year.

Before you bring it for service, try to find a TSB related to the touch screen and/or the knob controls on the console. If they tell you they can't repeat the problem, ask them if they looked at the diagnostics.

I'm coming around to the idea that I'll sell every car before the warranty expires. These things are gonna turn into bricks off of computer failures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts