2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Fairly new to this forum and was wondering if this fitment would look flush at all on a mazda3 hatch? Do anyone have this same setup?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry but I meant to say is if 18 inch wheels 7.5 wide ET 43 would fit our 2014+ hatchback just fine. Thank you in advance.

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
You should be fine.
Stock is 18x7.0" +50, you're not too far off from stock.

But to be exact, here's willtheyfit's calculation
"Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 0.6mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 13.4mm more than before."

So grab a measuring tape, and see if your fender will clear 1.3-1.4 CM additional; which it should.

EDIT:
To answer your question of will it be flush....
That also depends on if you plan to lower the vehicle.
Even lowered, this setup will not be entirely "flush" but it will sit nicer than stock.
To be sitting flush, I think you'll have to be in the 8"+ rim with around 35 or less offset.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm planning to get an eiback pro kit. This setup, wouldn't be sticking out or hitting the fender?

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
Again, I'd take a tape measure to be sure.
Just measure how much space you have from the rim to the fender, and make sure its more than 1.4CM.

I'm pretty positive that you'll be absolutely fine, these new Mazda's seem to take aggressive wheels pretty well.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can we fit a set of 18s with tires in our hatchback trunk without folding down the seats? I'm going to pick up a set this weekend.

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
Doubt it, hatch doesn't really have a ton of room.
With the seats down you can stack em no problem

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got these set yesterday across state. They're bronze Volk 18 7.5 +42 offset with 225 40 R18 tires. This is the pictures of the wheels next to my car. I don't know if it necessary to drop my car and i don't know how that would affect my car's warranty if i drop it. Would 225 45 tires be better?

Attachments

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
Just got these set yesterday across state. They're bronze Volk 18 7.5 +42 offset with 225 40 R18 tires. This is the pictures of the wheels next to my car. I don't know if it necessary to drop my car and i don't know how that would affect my car's warranty if i drop it. Would 225 45 tires be better?
Those look amazing.
I would drop it to give it a nice stance.
Any sort of modification will void warranty if you decide to go that route and have suspension issues.

On a 7.5,
I would rather stretch some 215/45/18s on there. Will be a very subtle stretch.
But if you want more grip, I would stick with the 225/40.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would like to know if 18x8.5 +48 or 18X8 +40 going to work with a 1.7 inch drop?? Because .. 18x8.5 +30 is not working haha :D

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
I would like to know if 18x8.5 +48 or 18X8 +40 going to work with a 1.7 inch drop?? Because .. 18x8.5 +30 is not working haha :D
The 8.5" +48 and 8" +40 will be very close, I'd highly advise camber arms, and rolled fenders.
When I measured, we barely have ~20mm to play with. So its going to be hard getting under 40 offset.
10-15mm poke will be the safe zone IMO, and anything past ~23mm will require a lot more work

·
Registered
112 Posts
For real?? Damn I don't know what to get.. Every freaking wheel have low offset now.. I was thinking 8.5 +48 or 8 +40 was OK.. I'm sick :(

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
For real?? Damn I don't know what to get.. Every freaking wheel have low offset now.. I was thinking 8.5 +48 or 8 +40 was OK.. I'm sick :(
That's just by my judgement, don't hold me to it.
I would be pretty comfortable running those two sizes on stock setup.
The setup I'm looking to get is probably 18x7.5 +40 in front and 18x8 +38 in rear

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
The problem is.. I don't know what to do.. Some people on the forum say it's gonna fit easy.. and others say no.. loool!!!
Buy it, and fit it onto the car.
If it fits, great. If it doesn't, make it fit. :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
hehehe :) that's the point.. I don't wanna have a rolling fender job to do.. ;) I fuck my fenders with a +30.. and now my fenders are OK ;) lool.. so im not doing anything to the fenders :)

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
@sinistral - the people that say it won't fit don't actually have any experience in running different width wheels/tires.

I've told you a few times that it will fit, either way. And something else was going on with your fenders, there is no reason that your fender lip should have bowed downwards towards the wheel - if anything, it would have pushed your fender lip in and outwards from the body under impact. There is more to the story, somewhere. You would also have had residue from the tire making contact with the fender lip, and in the picture, it looked clean and without any signs of rubber contact.

·
Achtung!
879 Posts

This is my fitment. You can see I rolled my fenders for extra clearance, but I didn't need to. This is a 235/35/19 on 19x8.5 +45 and a fair amount lower than any spring available on the market.

·
Registered
112 Posts
By the way my rear tires.. are all cut.. because of the fenders.. :( That's why i'm double checking with you ;) so 18x8.5 +48 or 18x8 +40 should fit ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts