2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-----------------------Updated 7-29-12-----------------
Went a little bit lower in the front. Kept the rear as is since I still frequently have a car full an my fenders are unrolled :sad 1:

Picked up a set of 3mm spacers for the front to replace the 5mm I was using as well as some extended thread splined lugs. The extended thread part also allowed me to be able to run a 8mm spacer in back to balance the flushness front to back.

--------------original post----------------------
Nail in my stock tire spurred me to finally complete my summer set of wheels and tires. I plugged the hole since it was right in the tread, but as you can tell, there isn't much tread left anyways...

All mounted and balanced.

Front fitment is tight. I need spacers because I literally cant fit a credit card between the rim lip and the strut. I can actually hear the rubber "whisker" things from the brand new tire rubbing off lol.

Not much room from tire to fender either so when the coilovers and spacers get here, I'll need to "massage" the fenders a wee bit to make some room. Grips like no other though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
127 Posts
Grips like no other though.
I'll bet it does. I just recently did 225/45-18 and it feels like it would hold on to the road upside down. add another 40mm of width and it probably would hold on upside down :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fresh wash and wax and a fresh set of coilovers... Lowered approx 1.5" more lows coming soon after I roll the fenders all around.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Agreed with Frnchplayr15, it looks very nice. Sporty yet understated :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I was looking for something that would be aggressive in both looks and handling without attracting too much attention. Good to hear that I've hit the sexy/subtle middleground :)

One more which shows the wheel and how much it's lowered at the moment.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went a little bit lower in the front. Kept the rear as is since I still frequently have a car full an my fenders are unrolled :sad 1:

Picked up a set of 3mm spacers for the front to replace the 5mm I was using as well as some extended thread splined lugs. The extended thread part also allowed me to be able to run a 8mm spacer in back to balance the flushness front to back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i know this post is over 1 year late...but i'm hoping u'll see this.

my question is will ur size tire rub without lowering?

because i'm planning on getting rpf1 17x8.5 with 40 mm offset and 235 45 17 tires. my 2012 hatch is not lowered and i'm wishing not to roll the fenders....so will it fit all nicely???

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
If your not lowered you won't rub. You could run 10" wheels and you won't rub because there is so much wheel gap on the stock suspension.

Reactions: brte 764

·
Registered
141 Posts
whats the offset on the wheels?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts