2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

17x9 Wheel and tire setup

8K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Beni 
#1 ·
I was just curious what would it take to make this work on a stock height car? I've seen offssets between +35 and +45 for this. Just not sure how well it fits how big a tire I can go.

#2 ·
Just purchasing them. +45 would be the preferred to keep it moderate, without going crazy on camber or rear fender rolling.

At stock height, I would recommend a 245/40 or 255/40.

Should look pretty good. I threw a set of 17x9 +45 RPF1's on my sedan and was tempted to not remove them and give back to owner.

#3 ·
I didn't think I could fit 245 under the fender. I'd ideally like something that's at the edge or under the lip. If I can fit 245 under there I'm doing 16x8s and putting in 245/55/16 in there. I've had that size a few times in the past and I'm happy with it as a width. My firebird formula weighed about the same as this mazda with those tires and I was very happy with the handling.

#5 ·
There are two versions of the FD3S wheels available from the factory, both were 16x8 +50 - They'll fit fine, but I don't think anyone has put a set on their 3rd Gen yet.

Make sure that you look for the reinforced version, as the 1993 models were known to be fairly brittle (and also 13.8lbs!)

#8 ·
The re-inforced wheels have spokes that are about 2.25" wide right where they meet the outer edge.

The non reinforced ones are about 2" wide where it meets the outer edge.

Not the best picture in the world but the wheel on the right hand side is the reenforced model -
Awesome, and the other question on whether or not I can fit the 245 tires in there without rubbing. I'm keeping it stock height.

#9 ·
Awesome, and the other question on whether or not I can fit the 245 tires in there without rubbing. I'm keeping it stock height.
You'll be fine with that setup. It's a little bit more "bulldog" than stock on the non sGT models.

Should look pretty attractive, and you'll have some room if you do decide to change suspension components.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.