2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting some new wheels and checking whats being sold locally. Theres a set I'm interested in, but not sure if it would fit. Here are the specs:

17x9
+15 offset

225/45/17 front
235/50/17 rear

I'm on stock suspension, so it's not lowered yet. I've used calculators but I don't know if it'll actually rub or is too close to the struts and stuff, so I'm not sure. Will it fit? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
+15 is going to stickwaaaaay out. Too far to be of much use.
Those 235s are nearly 1.5" taller than the 225s. That might make the ABS, TPMS and TCS non functional as the tires will be turning at very different speeds.
Not to mention any handling issues that using two different sidewall profiles on different ends of the car might cause.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
+15 is going to stickwaaaaay out. Too far to be of much use.
Those 235s are nearly 1.5" taller than the 225s. That might make the ABS, TPMS and TCS non functional as the tires will be turning at very different speeds.
Not to mention any handling issues that using two different sidewall profiles on different ends of the car might cause.
So if +15 is too much, what would be a good offset if I want it to have a wider stance with lowering the car in mind? I know the stock wheels have a 50 offset. I don't want it to stick out so far that I'd need overfenders, but enough to be flush enough without rubbing against the fender (I could roll my fenders too if needed).

edit:
Do you know which one of these fit will fit?
18x8 +30
18x8 +43
18x9 +30
18x9 +38

1 - 4 of 4 Posts