2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there Mazda 3 owners,
Quick question, would this spec fit well with my current Mazda 3 on eibach prokit? Or would need some fender rolling? 17x8 +35 plus maybe a 235/45 or 245/45
Thnak you

·
Rubber side down
268 Posts
I was running 19x8 +35 with 225/45s for a short time, lowered on Bilstein B6 suspension, I had to roll the rears and the fronts would rub slightly on hard lock turns and major high speed dips. I 'went through' one tire before i discovered how bad the rear was. Lets just say I was lucky the tire shop happened to have my tire in stock and sheet metal is very sharp, especially at 65mph

Then again, it all depends how low you are and where your camber is set.

17x8 +35 may be ok if you aren't too low and your springs don't give quite as much, but tire wise, anything wider than 235 will cause you issues without adding a bit of camber.

Also keep in mind, 235 does not equal the same actual width between manufacturers or even within the same brand. It is more of a guideline. Do some research on Tirerack.com as they measure actual tread width and section width which will give you a more concrete number to measure with.

Hope this helps.

-CR

·
Rubber side down
268 Posts
Keep in mind that a 225/45-19 is 2" taller than a 225/45-17. The 17" tire should be ok.
Technically 1" taller, or closer to the fender. But it also depends if his car is dropped and how low. Even if he doesn't have an aggressive drop, if his springs aren't stiff enough, a bad dip could compress the springs enough to make contact. Taller / wider tire profile, etc also has to be taken into consideration. It may be OK at factory ride height, but any heavy compression, full rear seat passengers or lowering may cause issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts