2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 3 GT Hatchback,6 Speed MT
272 Posts
Looking to get some winter rims in 17x8 +35 on 225/50/17. Anyone run this size when lowered? I keep reading conflicting advice on not going less than a +40.
I have something close, 17x7.5 +40 215/50/17 and i'm pretty low, about 2.75"
Every once and a while under hard load on a good turn the rears will rub, but i'd be willing to bet that the wheel and tire size you have would be fine if you rolled the inner fenders of at least the rear but rolling all 4 corners would be best, just my opinion. but that +35 might make you poke a little more and that would definitely be an issue rubbing on a low set up.

·
Registered
2018 3 GT Hatchback,6 Speed MT
272 Posts
Yeah I figure there's some poke. The only other size is a +45. Too bad there's nothing in the middle.
just get a 17x7.5 than. why do you want 17x8? plus you'd want a thinner wheel/tire for winter driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
From what I've read online and my own measurements, +45 on 17x8 will be a great place to start and you can always use a small spacer or extend studs if need be.

I've been looking everywhere for a 'good' 17x8 wheel for summer / track use. Most recently tried to order the Titan7 T-S5 in 17x8 +37 (NSX front wheel spec) but they are currently unavailable for whatever reason. I'm thinking I'll have to join the enkei club. Aftermarket options are super limited right now.

t-s5-forged-split-5-spoke-wheel-jdm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts