2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint the '17 fog light plastic trim bezels a gloss black to match other front end parts. How do they remove please? Using simple plastic trim tools or needing to remove the entire front fascia? (If the latter, will be Plasti dipped.) Thanks.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Excellent, very, very useful information. Perfect schematic picture. Thanks! When it refers to front mudguard being bend back, I am thinking that this is referring to the inner front fender liner -- so one can insert a hand inside that cavity and push forward on the inside back of the fog bezel. This might help in that.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm also planning on painting all the black plastic trim to a piano black. Lemme know how yours turns out.

As this thread is about the fog light bezels, here is how mine now is.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Removed it with trim tools from the front, then had it professionally painted Mazda Jet Black Mica (paint code 41W), then they did two coats of clear.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Removed it with trim tools from the front
Could you access the blinker light with that trim removed? I would change mine to LED if it was possible.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes you can as far as replacing just replacing the bulb, and am about 99% sure you can access the OEM mounting bolt on the driver's side (the one I used to install my TP 15 metal plate -- onto which I affixed my resistor). As to the passenger side, with the very large windshield washer fluid tank, my best guess is that you have about about a 80% chance of affixing the plate to the OEM bolt -- if nothing else at least by feeling and reaching around the tank. There is room around the bolt even on the passenger side to put in a open ended wrench on the upper of the two OEM bolts (same one I used) My only question is how one might remove the bolt, attach the plate, re-attach the bolt with one hand. Think it would be possible, but might be a struggle. Here's your passenger side challenge.

What you might try, before buying the front LED's or their resistors, would be to remove the fog bezel plastic plate, take your plate I described above, and see if you could temporarily attach this on the passenger side. If you can, you could then order your LED and resistors.

Wish I could be more definitive, but as you know I accessed this area by removing the front half of the wheel liner and thus I could get both hands in there at one time, and by doing it that way did not have the fluid tank in my way.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts